The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Norfolkadam
It's not fair to judge the actions of the man unless you know his motives. If he knowingly let his girlfriend die then that's obviously descpicable but what's to say he didn't suffer a head injury and genuinely did not know or something similar?

Er, drink driving? His actions speak for themselves.
Reply 41
Im not gonna judge him, God only knows what his motives were.
Reply 42
Tetrahydro
If you think you can judge somebody based on a news article, then you are an idiot. No matter what this guy has done, the media will spin the story to make it seem more shocking. If there is any detail of the story that might excuse this man's responsibility in some way then they wouldn't report it...

Typical right-wing attitude to swallow whole anything that you hear from a source of authority.

Yes, and you are a naive fool if you are blinded by your infantile mentality to defend the criminal, even though his obvious guilt is staring you in the face. Engage your brain and acquire some common sense.

Oh yes, it's a conspiracy! Let me get my foil hat. If you believe any factual detail to have been left out on purpose or fabricated, feel free to contact:

http://www.pcc.org.uk

And complain about the article in which the newspaper based the story upon:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1188904/Emily-Brady-left-die-blazing-car-driver-boyfriend-told-crews-inside.html
Reply 43
Why judge him? He's getting sentenced and has his life ruined as well. Move on.
Reply 44
cowsgoquack
What I dont understand is why dont prisons have liquid soap dispensers like you get at swimming pool showers?

Best post of today. End of.
Reply 45
Imperatrix
Yes, and you are a naive fool if you are blinded by your infantile mentality to defend the criminal, even though his obvious guilt is staring you in the face. Engage your brain and acquire some common sense.

Oh yes, it's a conspiracy! Let me get my foil hat. If you believe any factual detail to have been left out purpose or fabricated, feel free to contact:

http://www.pcc.org.uk

I'm not defending the criminal and I'm not saying this is a conspiracy, I'm simply reserving my judgement. Common sense would tell that this guy has probably done something very bad but that's not to say that the media has reported this story entirely objectively.

If you trust media sources as much as it seems you do, then you are the naive one. The media's job is to attract as much interest in their reporting as they can by using shock tactics and spinning the truth to make stories seem more interesting. They are not some kind of benevolent force, as you seem to think.

Lol, and now I see you've quoted the Daily Mail as the source. Hah, yeah I'm really convinced now!
Reply 46
Tetrahydro
If you think you can judge somebody based on a news article, then you are an idiot.

Err...you can judge someone for any reason you want. What they're wearing, their weight, how they talk - I'd say drink-driving is a pretty major thing, of course you can judge him for that.
Reply 47
The really sad thing about this is that accidents like this are very likely to continue to happen. I wish we could all see this as a lesson to be learnt.
Imperatrix
Twit

Cheers for the rep I don't think my boyfriend has ever laughed so hard. Totally signiture worthy.
Reply 49
Tefhel
Err...you can judge someone for any reason you want. What they're wearing, their weight, how they talk - I'd say drink-driving is a pretty major thing, of course you can judge him for that.

My point is that media sources do not report the entire truth. You can't speculate on what punishment a criminal deserves based on a 300-word news report...
Reply 50
Tetrahydro
My point is that media sources do not report the entire truth. You can't say somebody deserves to die after reading a 300-word news report...

Ah, yes, that point I would agree with.
Reply 51
Tetrahydro
I'm not defending the criminal and I'm not saying this is a conspiracy, I'm simply reserving my judgement. Common sense would tell that this guy has probably done something very bad but that's not to say that the media has reported this story entirely objectively.

If you trust media sources as much as it seems you do, then you are the naive one. The media's job is to attract as much interest in their reporting as they can by using shock tactics and spinning the truth to make stories seem more interesting. They are not some kind of benevolent force, as you seem to think.

Lol, and now I see you've quoted the Daily Mail as the source. Hah, yeah I'm really convinced now!

So, you never judged or looked unfavorably upon Ian Huntley or Steve Wright when you heard about their arrest and court appearances in the media?

Like I mentioned, feel free to contact the PCC if you believe any of the details in the article to be fabricated. The information may be sensationalist, but I would highly doubt it is fabricated.
Reply 52
Norfolkadam
Cheers for the rep I don't think my boyfriend has ever laughed so hard. Totally signiture worthy.

YOU have a boyfriend?! :rofl:

Oh, and if you're going to criticise my spelling, at least learn how to spell signature correctly.
Reply 53
Imperatrix
So, you never judged or looked unfavorably upon Ian Huntley or Steve Wright when you heard about their arrest and court appearances in the media?

Like I mentioned, feel free to contact the PCC if you believe any of the details in the article to be fabricated. The information may be sensationalist, but I would highly doubt it is fabricated.

Poor analogy: Ian Huntley and Steve Wright are convicted murderers.

I don't believe the article is fabricated. All I know is that I have no authority to judge this man's character on some news article I've read.
Imperatrix
YOU have a boyfriend?! :rofl:

Oh, and if you're going to criticise my spelling, at least learn how to spell signature correctly.

When did I criticise your spelling? :lolwut:
Reply 55
Tetrahydro
Poor analogy: Ian Huntley and Steve Wright are convicted murderers.

Read posts correctly, in future. I referred to their arrest and court appearances, not their conviction or after.
Reply 56
robocop1andahalf
I believe drinking would be against his faith?

We dont know what his faith is?
Unless i am thinking of very similar different story, he stabbed her before crashing the car deliberately.
Reply 58
Norfolkadam

Would you say this is a good description of you?

Furries are the scum of the Earth, and the surest candidates for dying alone. The furry fandom will accept ANYONE (mostly pedophilies), and hence attracts the worst and most pathetic people in the world. Furries are so ugly that they make Brian Peppers look attractive, so stupid that they make aspies vigorously deny being them because they're the only thing stupider than them, and pathetic beyond compare. FAIL doesn't even begin to encompass how bad furries have done in life.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Furry
Reply 59
The exact same thing happened to my dad's friend's daughter. She was going out with some absolute bawbag who got pished and took her for a drive, took a corner too fast and tumbled the car, killing her. Instead of calling the police, he attempted to flee, and was found intoxicated out of his mind on a busy high street covered in blood, and refusing to explain where the blood came from, or even mention that he had been in an accident and that his girlfriend lay dead in a car some miles away.

First of all, why would you go out with someone if you don't even the decency to attempt to save their lives, or alert others to save their life, or at least treat them with some respect one they have died, and are unsaveable? Secondly, why would you drink drive putting yourself, road users, and your apparent 'beloved' in immediate danger?

Hang them all.

Latest

Trending

Trending