The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mad-cow18
I see where your coming form now..it really depends on what unis you are planning to apply for. Only the top unis will interview you adn many unis do understand modules are resat etc. I wouldnt worry as such at the moment until results day and after.. Have a look at both high and lower uni courses and make sure you have a mix within your options so if they dont take you then you have others to fall back on. Unis like UEA, i would ahve thought would still gove you an offer though.

okay thank you so much for your reply.. you've made me feel a lot better now! :smile:
EmergingButterfly
oh wow, everyone's got high offers then. Is there anyone who got like C's at AS and recieved offers for AAB/ABB courses?

Yes!! :smile:
actually, i sort of got worse than C's - BBDD. Fortunately i got predicted grades AAB and then got offers for AAB/ABB!
But i had / am having to work really hard this year especially at the start of the acedemic year to prove to my teachers that i could achieve AAB's so that they would predict me them :smile:
Arctic_wombaT
Yes!! :smile:
actually, i sort of got worse than C's - BBDD. Fortunately i got predicted grades AAB and then got offers for AAB/ABB!
But i had / am having to work really hard this year especially at the start of the acedemic year to prove to my teachers that i could achieve AAB's so that they would predict me them :smile:

yay! lol so when you applied did you have your AS grades as pending?
EmergingButterfly
quick question, when you guys applied for the courses had you declared your AS grades or where they not cashed in and so put as pending? and did you have to go for interviews for all your offers? thank you!

For exams that you are re-sitting, it gets put down as pending.
For the exams you are not re-sitting, the grade that you got gets put down.

I think you only have to do to interviews if you are applying to a top university or your course is medicine or art.
EmergingButterfly
yay! lol so when you applied did you have your AS grades as pending?

No i just put them down as they were, didnt leave any as 'pending.' I think i may have only put the individual AS exams which i was re-taking in Jan as pending as i also filled in my individual unit grades

You replied to me at 4am!! :eek: What were you doing at that time!!??
i was revising for my bio exam i had today! lol
Reply 26
I've had an offer for Lancaster for AAB, and an offer for Leeds for ABB.

I got AAAAB for my AS Levels, and I'm set for AAA at A Level (though I highly doubt I am going to get this!)
Reply 27
Mine is ABB for Queens, Belfast.

My AS grades were only BBE, but my predicted grades are AAB, so I got offers.

I've brought them up to AAD or ABD (I forget) with resits so fingers crossed.
Oh wow, so they basically look at your predicted grades more than your actual AS grades?
Reply 29
EmergingButterfly
Oh wow, so they basically look at your predicted grades more than your actual AS grades?

Yep, seems that way. Your personal statement is going to be a good indication to them as well.
Reply 30
I've got an offer for ABB at Kent.

Latest

Trending

Trending