The Student Room Group
Reply 2420
mizfissy815
hmm...I'm not really sure. Maybe we can discuss some islamic issues like someone previosuly mentioned...any suggestions?

Well...

The Guardian reported today on 4 former Guantanamo detainees and carried quite long interviews with them, although I think they were only extracts.
You can listen to these extracts and read the transcripts at: http://www.guardian.co.uk/guantanamo/story/0,13743,1646014,00.html

But just some excerpts from the recent interviews, which are very insightful, and just go to show and confirm the true barbarism with which the US and Pakistani authorities are treating detainees:

[At Bagram] ...So the guards caught him and they beat him literally to death. After which they dragged him in front of all the cells which were there and that's when I saw his body. They took him to the medical room which was also opposite the cell where I was and they closed the doors ...And eventually they carried his body out on a stretcher with the blanket covering his face and all we could se were the beaten soles of his feet that were visible. - Moazaam Begg
This is truly horrific!

We have been kicked out, we have been kicked by the feet of soldiers. We have become naked; they have taken our naked pictures. They have shaven our beards and they have insulted us in different ways. The way they were taking us to interrogation in Kandahar was really insulting and we suffered a lot and we had no shower for three months in Bagram and Kandahar and the same way for two and a half months in cells of ISI in Peshawar. - Badarzaman Badar
These injustices are insulting and degrading for a sincere Muslim and are but a way to "dehumanise" detainess and insult Islam and Islam's stance on modesty, as Lyndsay England and her cohort did in Abu Ghraib.

When they handed out Korans to us in Bagram I remember seeing the Americans passing them through the airlocks and throwing them onto the ground. People might think that well, its just a book, but if you believe like you do as a Muslim that this is the unadulterated revealed speech of God and it is the most sacred thing that a Muslim would have in his house. To see them do that for me brought about a sense of complete desperation, that I can't do anything about this and them for the other Afghans and various other prisoners it was intolerable. - Moazzam Begg
This kind of disrespect was reported many a times in the past, but vehemently denied by the people at the top!!

The torture we were subjected to include beatings and systematic provocations to try and make the detainee break some instructions. And when that happens a special team is called - they would run into the cell, beat and chain him up. - Airat Vakhitov

We have to expose to the public these crimes of the system speaking out for all of the international community, few people have taken the opportunity using legitimate or other methods and people are starting to understand what happened. Some people on behalf of the whole community say that Muslims are the terrorists, bandits and killers. I face insults in the streets. It is the fault of a group of people who speak out on behalf of the world's Islamic Uma. I think not all people share the point of view of Bush's administration. Not all Muslims share the opinion of Osama Bin Laden or Zarkowi. There is an attempt to cause tension between two big civilizations and we became the victims of this war, we were caught in the middle.- Airat Vakhitov
Reply 2421
As salaamu alaikum

Jazakullah Khair for the link Brother

It actually brings tears to my eyes to see such ill-treatment, May Allah give us the power and ability to resist such treatment, and may give them Hidayaah!

How is everyone today?

Don't forget our detained brothers in your duaas, insha'allah i won't!

Wa alaikum asalaam

azs*
Reply 2422
The umma is asleep so shameful
Whats happening in these prisons is the lowest form of human degradation possible
Allahu Akbar
Allahu Akbar
Hey Abbas put this link on the first page u can download the koran for free and the hadith too
www.islamasoft.co.uk
salaams everyone :sleep:
Reply 2424
the treatment that our brothers are recieving is absolutely disgusting, remember to keep them in your du'aas all the time insh'allah so that they are released soon and Allah gives them patience..
Rep me plz ppl!i got neg-repped so plzz gimme the green thing bak:smile:inshallah xx
Salaam all!!
:hello:
Reply 2426
doodle
the treatment that our brothers are recieving is absolutely disgusting, remember to keep them in your du'aas all the time insh'allah so that they are released soon and Allah gives them patience..
Rep me plz ppl!i got neg-repped so plzz gimme the green thing bak:smile:inshallah xx

Assalamu' alaykum sister,

My rep is not worth much, but I've repped you all the same! :smile:
OK doodle! plus repped you!
Reply 2428
aww maan u guys r the bestt *hug* :biggrin: how r you?me is ill:frown:i got the flu big timee
Salaams, I'm kina bored here what's happening?
Reply 2430
salaams..bored?whyyy..u can rep me:smile:
Reply 2431
As salaamu alaikum

I'm so relieved, gave part 1 of my ICt c/w in yesterday!!

Also, heard from one of my unis, have an interview in a few weeks, YIKES!!!
insha'Allah you are all well!

Wa alaikum asalaam

azs*

--------------

How do you rep btw? still haven't got my head round this!!
Reply 2432
click on the scales and then pos rep..:biggrin:
Reply 2433
No worries already worked it out!!

sprry haven't got enough posts to make a big impact!! :frown:
lol w/salaam everyone!

Azs, you click on that lil balance at the top of a message box :biggrin:
how do I rep you? and what is repping?
doodle
aww maan u guys r the bestt *hug* :biggrin: how r you?me is ill:frown:i got the flu big timee
aww- how're you feeling now?
Reply 2437
thanks evryone:smile:
ive got an interview at a sixth-form on thurs!im bit scared coz its subject interviews..maths..english..chem..phys and bio..which is quite alot..and i hope im better bi then inA..i gotta go by tube aswell*rolls eyes* Finchley Rd is only a couple stops from my house anyways but still..Plz make du'aa i gt in coz i reaaally like it and im gonna find out if i gt a scholarship or not..
Hafsah x
Hira:me feels rubbish..im home alone and its COLD and im so bored and my head's hurting.
Poison Ivy:YES!! jazakallahu khayran! x
Ok I repped you doodle happy?
Poison Ivy
how do I rep you? and what is repping?
Read the FAQS :biggrin:
But to recapitulate, "repping" is just basically augmenting someone's TSR "reputation" :smile:
Try the FAQS

--------------

doodle
thanks evryone:smile:
ive got an interview at a sixth-form on thurs!im bit scared coz its subject interviews..maths..english..chem..phys and bio..which is quite alot..and i hope im better bi then inA..i gotta go by tube aswell*rolls eyes* Finchley Rd is only a couple stops from my house anyways but still..Plz make du'aa i gt in coz i reaaally like it and im gonna find out if i gt a scholarship or not..
Hafsah x
Hira:me feels rubbish..im home alone and its COLD and im so bored and my head's hurting.
Poison Ivy:YES!! jazakallahu khayran! x

Get well soon & best of luck with the interview! :yy: Inshallah everything will turn out to be GREAT! :biggrin:

Latest