The Student Room Group
Reply 380
Assalamu 'alaykum sister

Well I think you could perhaps make dua and prayers for your friend for Allah to guide him in his affairs for example as 'Well said' wrote.

Also sister, i think if you make sincere dua for this person to Allah, even if it be in English, then that will be accepted by Allah, if Allah wills.

Your wishing of this person having prosperity and a good life, good health is very thoughtful and kind of you. As for praying to carry the burden of another person's sins, I'm not sure about that...

If you really care about this person, then maybe introduce him to Islam and some of the basic tenets of Islam. There are so many things in terms of belief that Christianity and Islam share, which is really beautiful I think. I mean when you come to think about it, I think there are more similarities than differences!

Just continue to make supplications for this person, and by God's Will he'll be guided to that which is good and protected from harm. And God won't bring harm to a person if they believe in God and worship Him well and lead their lives following the commandments of God as best they can.

Take care sister

Wassalam

Abbas.
Abbas6
Assalamu 'alaykum sister

Well I think you could perhaps make dua and prayers for your friend for Allah to guide him in his affairs for example as 'Well said' wrote.

Also sister, i think if you make sincere dua for this person to Allah, even if it be in English, then that will be accepted by Allah, if Allah wills.

Your wishing of this person having prosperity and a good life, good health is very thoughtful and kind of you. As for praying to carry the burden of another person's sins, I'm not sure about that...

If you really care about this person, then maybe introduce him to Islam and some of the basic tenets of Islam. There are so many things in terms of belief that Christianity and Islam share, which is really beautiful I think. I mean when you come to think about it, I think there are more similarities than differences!

Just continue to make supplications for this person, and by God's Will he'll be guided to that which is good and protected from harm. And God won't bring harm to a person if they believe in God and worship Him well and lead their lives following the commandments of God as best they can.

Take care sister

Wassalam

Abbas.

Thank you Abbas, I will do what you said, I already have been doing this for 7 years, so I'll just continue. :smile: And about repenmting sins etc... I just read somewhere that I cant do that, that everyone is punished for their own sins :frown: So I'll just keep praying to God and ask God to forgive him for everything.
Reply 382
BlueAngel
I am looking for a prayer in the quran and in fact any other holy book, well it doesnt even have to be a prayer, but a phrase from the quran that I can say over and over again. I know there are a few which you can for example if you're feeling ill or you're in debt or summit, and if you say them you feel much better.

I want a prayer for someone I love, I want all his sins to go onto my shoulder, I wanna be punished for all his sins and I want him to be happy and cared for for the rest of his life and not to ever get hurt. I dont mind if its summit you have to say 10 times a day or whatever. When I do pray I always mention himin my dua, but I know its not enough, I so badly want to say summit so he wont be miserable all his life, I want him to be strong in health, wealth etc... is there any prayer or phrase like that which I can recite?

Please let me know through here or through pm. Thanks!!!!!!

As Salaam ualiakum Sister

Wow, wanting to take someone elses sins on your shoulders, alhamdulilah u must care about this person alot, i kno the feeling!
Well i guess u can make dua for him and show him the beauty of Islam thru your actions......
As for duas you can read...i know theirs ones u can say where angels ask for your forgiveness but the forgiveness of sumone else...i dunno, il try and check this up and get back to u. also several of the 99 names are good for things like this, il try and look thru those and find ones tht are relevant to your situation...
but in the mean time keep strong continue making dua because Allah likes it wen u ask Him for things....okey dokey
and we always here wen u need us!!!! :smile:
ill get back to u if i find any duas

take care
Wa Salaam
Zaakira
zaaks786
As Salaam ualiakum Sister

Wow, wanting to take someone elses sins on your shoulders, alhamdulilah u must care about this person alot, i kno the feeling!
Well i guess u can make dua for him and show him the beauty of Islam thru your actions......
As for duas you can read...i know theirs ones u can say where angels ask for your forgiveness but the forgiveness of sumone else...i dunno, il try and check this up and get back to u. also several of the 99 names are good for things like this, il try and look thru those and find ones tht are relevant to your situation...
but in the mean time keep strong continue making dua because Allah likes it wen u ask Him for things....okey dokey
and we always here wen u need us!!!! :smile:
ill get back to u if i find any duas

take care
Wa Salaam
Zaakira

Thank you sooo much, I love you all *so pleased with this society*
You lot are taking me to the right path, where most of the stuff in this forum is taking me the wrong way :rolleyes: Everyday I'm surrounded by corrupt, and I even for a couple of months had so much hate for God and never wished I was a muslim, cos no good things ever happened to me. But now I know I'm blessed cos this guy makes me love others and show care to all even though he is non-muslim. :smile: *wipes a tear*
Reply 384
salaams..i dunno if this will help but if u read the last 3 ayaat from Surah Al-Hashr everyday, twice, once in the day time(anytime between Fajr and Maghrib) and then again anytime in the evening(anytime between Maghrib and the last part of the night), 70 000 angels will ask Allah (swt) for your mercy between Fajr and Maghrib and then from Maghrib till the last part of the night. I dont think u can b accounted for anyone else's sins apart from your own, as each is accountable for themselves, however, you can try and guide a person away from commiting sins and try and make them a better person..Hope this is of help.Wassalam..xx
Reply 385
BlueAngel
You lot are taking me to the right path, where most of the stuff in this forum is taking me the wrong way :rolleyes: Everyday I'm surrounded by corrupt, and I even for a couple of months had so much hate for God and never wished I was a muslim, cos no good things ever happened to me. But now I know I'm blessed cos this guy makes me love others and show care to all even though he is non-muslim. :smile: *wipes a tear*

Slmz

:smile: Ur welcome!!!seriously tho this is what we're here for to offer each other support n keep each other on the right path!!!!The muslim Ummah is like a body and when one part of it is in pain the rest of it feels this. so on a much much smaller scale i can liken it to our society, so if u miserable the rest of us feel it!and we wanna help ya out!so take advantage and ask questions and chat us and ask 4 support or watever cos we r always here wen u need us! :smile:

Wa salaam
Zaakira
Reply 386
''Originally Posted by BlueAngel
I am looking for a prayer in the quran and in fact any other holy book, well it doesnt even have to be a prayer, but a phrase from the quran that I can say over and over again. I know there are a few which you can for example if you're feeling ill or you're in debt or summit, and if you say them you feel much better.

I want a prayer for someone I love, I want all his sins to go onto my shoulder, I wanna be punished for all his sins and I want him to be happy and cared for for the rest of his life and not to ever get hurt. I dont mind if its summit you have to say 10 times a day or whatever. When I do pray I always mention himin my dua, but I know its not enough, I so badly want to say summit so he wont be miserable all his life, I want him to be strong in health, wealth etc... is there any prayer or phrase like that which I can recite?

Please let me know through here or through pm. Thanks!!!!!!''

I know what you mean. Alhumdulillah such care for another human being, may Allah guide you both and protect you both from any harm or evil that may approach yous.
Reply 387
Well since everyones greeting and meeting, I think I'll go with the flow. I'm Sherber, I'm 19 yrs old and I'm on my gap year at the moment. Inshallah I'm going to Leeds Uni to study Maths come this September.

Alhumdilliah, keep it going peeps. :tsr:
Reply 388
Ill join the Islamic Society. Seems good :tsr:
Reply 389
Viper
Well since everyones greeting and meeting, I think I'll go with the flow. I'm Sherber, I'm 19 yrs old and I'm on my gap year at the moment. Inshallah I'm going to Leeds Uni to study Maths come this September.

Alhumdilliah, keep it going peeps. :tsr:

your going to leeds!!!!.....me tooo!! :smile: well Inshallah!
Reply 390
BlueAngel

you have to know everybody's lives have some flows,and it's not always happiness ,muslim or not,I mean sometimes you feel everything is going against you,but that is just so that you can used all of your strength and faith to pull out,and try to drag your self outta being misreable sometimes just trying to accept what happened makes you happier and more releaved,
I really might sound stupid,but from what I've read from your posts,I feel you are lost.
Reply 391
Salam,

Iv found it really interestin reading the threads, can i join to? :rolleyes:
Reply 392
bmw6
Salam,

Iv found it really interestin reading the threads, can i join to? :rolleyes:

Assalamu'alaykum sister

I've just added you to the Member's List.

Welcome :smile:
habosh
you have to know everybody's lives have some flows,and it's not always happiness ,muslim or not,I mean sometimes you feel everything is going against you,but that is just so that you can used all of your strength and faith to pull out,and try to drag your self outta being misreable sometimes just trying to accept what happened makes you happier and more releaved,
I really might sound stupid,but from what I've read from your posts,I feel you are lost.

me lost apple eater :confused: Why do you say that hun?
Reply 394
Salam,
My sister is doing a presentation on the conflict in palestine. Shes trying to defend for the palestinians in her debate. Her aim is to convince the rest of her class that the land belongs to the palestinians and not the Israelis. The issue of suicide bombing is causing difficulty as at present the justification is not clear. Is this considered as a form of Jihad? What are the reasons that allow suicide bombing in Islam? I would b very thankful if someone could help us and if u had sites that we could check it would be gr8........
Reply 395
BlueAngel
me lost apple eater :confused: Why do you say that hun?

because most of the time you are depressed,and i get the feeling that you are not satisfied with your living,or not verysure of what you follow actully, :rolleyes: oh well anyhow maybe i'm worng it's doesn't matter.
i stoppped my apple addiction :mad:(kinda only 3 apples or 4 aday :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :p: )
Salam,
My sister is doing a presentation on the conflict in palestine. Shes trying to defend for the palestinians in her debate. Her aim is to convince the rest of her class that the land belongs to the palestinians and not the Israelis. The issue of suicide bombing is causing difficulty as at present the justification is not clear. Is this considered as a form of Jihad? What are the reasons that allow suicide bombing in Islam? I would b very thankful if someone could help us and if u had sites that we could check it would be gr8........

careful, trying to portray one point of view is dangerous, especially on such a sensitive issue, if shes shows a bias one sided point of view it may be rejected by her class mates and so the purpose of the speech could be null, niether side is completely innocent and it would be wrong to portray an image of that

suicide bombing is another minefield ~ quite literally~ justifying suicide bombing is hard for a reason, and there are varying viewpoints from different schools of thougts ,

as far as im aware, one side says thats its ok if innocent people are not killed and that "evil" is the target,
while others say that its wrong full stop , maybe some1 could go through this in more detail as again its a very important issue being very controversial

personally i agree with the latter , how can a schoolbus full of kids being killed ever be for "good" ?
habosh
because most of the time you are depressed,and i get the feeling that you are not satisfied with your living,or not verysure of what you follow actully, :rolleyes: oh well anyhow maybe i'm worng it's doesn't matter.
i stoppped my apple addiction :mad:(kinda only 3 apples or 4 aday :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :p: )

well obviously, I mean how would you feel knowing that the man you love is ****ing a perfect blonde bimbo everyday :frown:
errrrrrrrrrrr yeh isnt this a forum about islam?
Reply 399
salaams...

did you read the "open letter to Muslims" under the Debate and Discussion forum? Plz read, and respond if you can. I wish I were knowledgable enough to do so.

Latest