The Student Room Group
Wa Alaikum as Salaam SC, Dimez and Brimstone!
Assalum-u-alaikum my different religioned brothers and sisters. Ke-ah-al-her (sp)?

:confused: :o:
Reply 7781
salaams every1
W/Salaams Rukyah,

how is everyone? :smile:
Reply 7783
gd thx, u? i no iv askd this b4 bt does ne1 know ne muslims who r goin to warwick uni nxt yr?
Assalamu Alaikum everyone. And a warm welcome to Rukayah - thats a nice name by the way! How is everyone today?
rukayah
gd thx, u? i no iv askd this b4 bt does ne1 know ne muslims who r goin to warwick uni nxt yr?

im good alhamdulilah. not me sorry lol
Reply 7786
rukayah
does ne1 know ne muslims who r goin to warwick uni nxt yr?

nope :redface:
Reply 7787
does any1 here go out to pubs and clubs etc with non muslim friends? i dnt but i ws jst wondering if other muslims r the same (cz i dnt know many so i dnt know)
Reply 7788
and also wt do u say to them if they ask u to come out
Reply 7789
rukayah
does any1 here go out to pubs and clubs etc with non muslim friends? i dnt but i ws jst wondering if other muslims r the same (cz i dnt know many so i dnt know)

I haven't. When people do ask me to come along all i say is that in my religion i am not allowed to go into places that have alcohol. Simple.

No...

and also wt do u say to them if they ask u to come out

No thank you...Nobody ever asked me anyway. Thank God.
Reply 7791
hm yeh thts wt i say-tht not alowd to go newher wher thers alcohol. altho thn sum ppl say wel at restaurants ppl drink alcohol. (n i go to restaurants) so i dno wt to say thn. hm.
Reply 7792
also do u think tht goin to a school leavers ball (guy&girls) is haram? cz i ws hvn this discussion with 1 of my muslim friends n thy think its ok so long as u dnt do nethin haram eg drink
rukayah

Good question. I was never allowed to by my parents although the night before i was leaving my friends suggested we go to a mall to hang out. Then they went to a restaurant which is also a mainstream pub (ie primarily a pub and second a restaurant) . I wasnt so happy with this - and a coke was bloody expensive!! - so i suggested we go to another proper restaurant where they could have a drink if they wanted, but i knew wasnt an actual pub. I just drank coke by the way...

I find most clubs and pubs to be distasteful as since i know im not supposed to be there, my conscience creeps up on me. Also, im not into that kind of culture anyway... The whole rave/dance culture.
rukayah
also do u think tht goin to a school leavers ball (guy&girls) is haram? cz i ws hvn this discussion with 1 of my muslim friends n thy think its ok so long as u dnt do nethin haram eg drink

Yes, i think its fine. Although just because your with guys it doesnt mean u have to look at them and dance with them or anything. You can go and just have fun! I went to my prom, alone and had some fun with my friends.

This is my opinion though... Islamically it may be wrong. you would probably have to check with a higher authority. But then the answer is most probably that it is haraam.
Reply 7795
rukayah

Where there's intermingling between the two sex's, then it is rendered haraam. In such a situation, you'd be exposed to un-Islamic acts, as well as listening to un-Islamic music.
Reply 7796
rukayah

hmmm i'm not really sure about that. Honestly, i went to my school prom in the end of year 11. It was only me and my friends and we had our own table. No boys sitting with us. No alcohol. We just sat and talked.

I actually regretted going when i came back. I felt quite guilty. The thing is i wasn't the only muslim girl there, my friends were muslims and they were all wearing the hijab. At the time i hadn't started wearing the scarf. Alhamdulillah now i do.
Reply 7797
Bro's and Sis', if someon of the opposite sex outwardly flirts with you, what can one do to resist said temptation?
In line with Rukayah's questions i wanted to ask how many here talk/ intermingle with the opposite sex on a personal basis..? As in, not online, face to face. Do you go to mixed school? Seating arrangements? Are you happy about it/ do you think the segregation is good?
Reply 7799
Dimez
Bro's and Sis', if someon of the opposite sex outwardly flirts with you, what can one do to resist said temptation?

slap them :p: and then apologise. That would put them off.

Latest