The Student Room Group
Milli
well apart from my sports teacher saying i have to take off my hijab in order to attend tennis practise...my day was fine. :smile:

What the piel (thats South African slang)?!! So then what happened? Scarf or did she mean u had to wear proper sports attire?
Reply 7981
rashid1988
What the piel (thats South African slang)?!! So then what happened? Scarf or did she mean u had to wear proper sports attire?

He was referring to the scarf unfortunately.
Milli
He was referring to the scarf unfortunately.

But whats a scarf got to do with playing tennis?? I can understand if you were in abaya he might think there were safety regulations since its long and you could trip (not saying you should take it off though...)
Assalamu Alaikum everyone :smile:

a story which i found...
A man woke up early in order to pray the Fajr prayer in
the masjid. He got dressed, made his ablution and was on his way to the masjid.

On his way to the masjid, the man fell and his clothes got dirty. He got up, brushed himself off, and headed home. At home, he changed his clothes, made his ablution, and was, again, on his way to the masjid.

On his way to the masjid, he fell again and at the same
spot! He, again, got up, brushed himself off and headed home. At home he, once again, changed his clothes, made his ablution and was on his way to the masjid.

On his way to the masjid, he met a man holding a lamp. He asked the man of his identity and the man replied "I saw you fall twice on your way to the masjid, so I brought a lamp so I can light your way."

The first man thanked him profusively and the two where on
their way to the masjid.

Once at the masjid, the first man asked the man with the
lamp to come in and pray Fajr with him. The second man refused. The first man asked him a couple more times and, again, the answer was the same. The first man asked him why he did not wish to come in and pray.

The man replied "I am Satan !"

The first man was shocked at this reply.

Satan went on to explain :
"I saw you on your way to the masjid and it was I who made you fall. When you went home, cleaned yourself and went back on your way to the masjid, Allah forgave all of your sins. I made you fall a second time, and even that did not encourage you to stay home, but rather, you went back on your way to the masjid.

Because of that, Allah forgave all the sins of the people
of your household. I was afraid if i made you fall one more time, then Allah will forgive the sins of the people of your village, so i made sure that you reached the masjid safely."

So do not let Satan benefit from his actions.Do not put
off a good that you intended to do as you never know how much reward you might receive from the hardships you encounter while trying to achieve that good.

Munise :smile:
SketchyCanvas
Assalamu Alaikum everyone :smile:

a story which i found...

Munise :smile:

Assalamu Alaikum! Thanks thats a gr8 story and i remember reading it before but its a nice tale. Hows things? Hows ur day been?
rashid1988
Yeah look at this, he's been on TSR for less than a month and under 25 posts! Guy must be a hardworking lad.... (in all the wrong aspects :rolleyes: )

all against you misled fools :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
hornyscot

Thank you for your concern! Its really touching!
rashid1988
Assalamu Alaikum! Thanks thats a gr8 story and i remember reading it before but its a nice tale. Hows things? Hows ur day been?

W/Salaams! My day has been good, didn't go into 6th form today, think i have the flu :hmpf: how you been?
hornyscot

Don't make me neg rep you again.
SketchyCanvas
W/Salaams! My day has been good, didn't go into 6th form today, think i have the flu :hmpf: how you been?

Aww, hope you feel better soon! I'm still getting all my business law notes down... I've been procrastinating alot! Hey so do you know why birthdays are haraam?
rashid1988
Aww, hope you feel better soon! I'm still getting all my business law notes down... I've been procrastinating alot! Hey so do you know why birthdays are haraam?

lol tell me about it! @ procrastinating, been doing the same:p: :ninja:

Birthdays are haraam? :confused: haven't heard that before.
SketchyCanvas
lol tell me about it! @ procrastinating, been doing the same:p: :ninja:

Birthdays are haraam? :confused: haven't heard that before.

Lol @ ninja smiley. Yeah thats what i heard... But i'm not sure why...
SketchyCanvas
Don't make me neg rep you again.

oh scary stuff :p: :p: :p: :p: :p:
Reply 7993
assalmaalumalykum everyone

how are you all
Reply 7994
Hornyscot,

Thank you for visiting the Islamic Society and for sharing your opinions with us. Thank you too for your concern about our well being and our fate in the hereafter (:p:).

It is often agreed (and wrongly so!) that the Prophet's marriage to Aisha was consummated when she was 9. The reason for this is found in some of the hadith, on the authority of Hisham ibn Urwah, the integrity and veracity of which have been called into question many a times.(See here)

Along with this, there is much historical evidence which confirms that Aisha's age at the time of her marriage must have been between 17 and 20, not 9 as is widely accepted.

According to the generally accepted tradition, Ayesha (ra) was born about eight years before Hijrah. However, according to another narrative in Bukhari (Kitaab al-Tafseer) Ayesha (ra) is reported to have said that at the time Surah Al-Qamar, the 54th chapter of the Qur'an , was revealed, "I was a young girl". The 54th Surah of the Qur'an was revealed nine years before Hijrah. According to this tradition, Ayesha (ra) had not only been born before the revelation of the referred Surah, but was actually a young girl (jariyah), not even only an infant (sibyah) at that time. Obviously, if this narrative is held to be true, it is in clear contradiction with the narratives reported by Hisham ibn `urwah. I see absolutely no reason that after the comments of the experts on the narratives of Hisham ibn `urwah, why should we not accept this narrative to be more accurate.

According to a number of narratives, Ayesha (ra) accompanied the Muslims in the battle of Badr and Uhud. Furthermore, it is also reported in books of hadith and history that no one under the age of 15 years was allowed to take part in the battle of Uhud. All the boys below 15 years of age were sent back. Ayesha's (ra) participation in the battle of Badr and Uhud clearly indicates that she was not nine or ten years old at that time. After all, women used to accompany men to the battlefields to help them, not to be a burden upon them.

According to almost all the historians Asma (ra), the elder sister of Ayesha (ra) was ten years older than Ayesha (ra). It is reported in Taqreeb al-Tehzeeb as well as Al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah that Asma (ra) died in the 73rd year after hijrah[2] when she was 100 years old. Now, obviously if Asma (ra) was 100 years old in the 73rd year after hijrah, she should have been 27 or 28 years old at the time of hijrah. If Asma (ra) was 27 or 28 years old at the time of hijrah, Ayesha (ra) should have been 17 or 18 years old at that time. Thus, Ayesha (ra) - if she got married in 1 AH (after hijrah) or 2 AH - was between 18 to 20 years old at the time of her marriage.

Source: http://www.understanding-islam.org/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=375

I hope you find the above helpful.
no thanks mate ive looked at this site before and found it to be untrue
and indeed often being very selective in its data.

I dont have my books as im in uni but (aishas/ayesha) own haddith as well
as that of her father confirm the young age.

could be wrong but just from memory wasnt aisha left behind at 1 of these battles and thus getting accused of improprietys from a few people around the prophet
Assalamu Alaikum my brothers and sisters!
I hope everyone is doing well, Insha'Allah.

could be wrong but just from memory wasnt aisha left behind at 1 of these battles and thus getting accused of improprietys from a few people around the prophet

What's that to do with anything?
Salaam everyone!!! :hello:
Assalamu Alaikum everyone,

Hope all is well..

MF - JazakAllah :smile:

Quick question: Does anyone know any colleges/6th form in London where there's muslim brothers and sisters and a prayer room...etc. Because atm, i'm really not liking my 6th form and the environment as theres no prayer room, im the only one in the 6th form who wears the Hijab and i just want to continue my 2nd year in an environment where im more comfortable in.

Munise
Assalamu Alaikum everyone! How are you'll keeping?

SC - no idea but im sure there must be some closeby to masjids/ have prayer 'places' in a gym. Thats where i went for jummah prayers when i was in london.

I wanted to ask any of the girls on this forum whether they ever go to the mosque to pray? Like for Jummah or Jamaat prayers?

Latest