XXX

W/salaam! Take care :ciao:
rahmara
thank you

:hugs:

No problem :cool:
I better be going too...:frown:
Salaam everyone! :ciao:
Assalamu alaikum rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!!

Haven't been online much sorry, been busy with exam stress and have been ill.

InshAllah you are well!! :smile:

Sister Munise
A Y Z
hey since theres no other talk, save for some times when i come up with a question and mizfissy puts up a HUGE post (about Islam), repping is the next best thing :biggrin:

Hey, they're not that long. :p: I sure hope they're useful anyway.
SketchyCanvas
Assalamu alaikum rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!!

Haven't been online much sorry, been busy with exam stress and have been ill.

InshAllah you are well!! :smile:

Sister Munise

Wa Alaikumus Salaam.
Hope you're doing ok sis, and feel much better! :biggrin:

mizfissy815

Assalamu Alaikum
Yeah they are very useful, and not too long :p:
How are you sis Muhiba? :smile:
mizfissy815

aww mizfissy! i didnt mean it in THAT sense!
i was implying that you are very smart, and you know more than me atleast (about Islam). im not completely satsified until ive read your post about any topic. thats what i meant.
it didnt sound that way i thnk... im sorry :frown:
Salaam :hello:
They're VERY useful. How're you Muhiba? :p:
As-salam Alikum all!
Sis rahmara..... check your user CP (something wrong with it!)
hehe!
people left (to rep): Milli, misfizzy, rukayah
Narrated By Kuraib Maula Ibn Abbas : 'Abdullah bin Abbas said that he had passed a night in the house of Maimuna the mother of the faithful believers , who was his aunt. He said, "I slept across the bed, and Allah's Apostle along with his wife slept lengthwise. Allah's Apostle slept till mid-night or slightly before or after it. Then Allah's Apostle woke up, sat, and removed the traces of sleep by rubbing his hands over his face. Then he recited the last ten verses of Surat-Al Imran (2). Then he went towards a hanging leather water-container and performed a perfect ablution and then stood up for prayer." 'Abdullah bin Abbas added, "I got up and did the same as Allah's Apostle had done and then went and stood by his side. Allah's Apostle then put his right hand over my head and caught my right ear and twisted it. He offered two Rakat, then two Rakat, then two Rakat, then two Rakat, then two Rakat, then two Rakat and then offered one Raka Witr. Then he lay down till the Muadh-dhin came and then he prayed two light Rakat and went out and offered the early morning (Fajr) prayer."
Narrated By Abu Huraira : I heard Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) saying, "We (Muslims) are the last (to come) but (will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection though the former nations were given the Holy Scriptures before us. And this was their day (Friday) the celebration of which was made compulsory for them but they differed about it. So Allah gave us the guidance for it (Friday) and all the other people are behind us in this respect: the Jews' (holy day is) tomorrow (i.e. Saturday) and the Christians' (is) the day after tomorrow (i.e. Sunday)."
Salaam
Jazakallah for the hadiths Ayaz bro :smile:
no problem sis!
this IS the islamic society... :biggrin:
Narrated By Abu Huraira : While the Prophet was saying something in a gathering, a Bedouin came and asked him, "When would the Hour (Doomsday) take place?" Allah's Apostle continued his talk, so some people said that Allah's Apostle had heard the question, but did not like what that Bedouin had asked. Some of them said that Alllah's Apostle had not heard it. When the Prophet finished his speech, he said, "Where is the questioner, who enquired about the Hour (Doomsday)?" The Bedouin said, "I am here, O Allah's Apostle ." Then the Prophet said, "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday)." The Bedouin said, "How will that be lost?" The Prophet said, "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday.)"
Yes, I like this explanation. Then again, all people experience rough times at least once during their lifetime.

Sometimes at the mosque (yes, I am Muslim, salaams) I listen to the preaches but can't help but feel some sort of arbeit macht frei- spirit in the preaches. Why can't one be happy and a perfect Muslim, without suffering? I know the world isn't Jannah, but I don't think it's a prison either. It's all about how you see the world. If the glass is half empty or half full.

Assalamu Alaikum everyone!
Generally speaking, a flawless life usually corrupts a person’s faith. Most of the time, you’re too involved all the materialistic aspects of life to really appreciate what Allah (swt) has blessed you with. You forget to perform your basic religious obligations because of worldly issues. We’re only human and the Shaytaan takes every opportunity he can to deter us from the right path. Life, after all, is merely a test. If you have a strong enough faith or Taqwa to ignore the Shaytaan’s whisperings and fight temptation then, you will no doubt be rewarded for it. The problem is when your faith is not strong enough or you give in into your temptations. This reminds me of the story of the two men who owned gardens in Surah Al-Kahf.
32. Set forth to them the parable of two men: for one of them We provided two gardens of grape-vines and surrounded them with date palms; in between the two We placed corn-fields.
33. Each of those gardens brought forth its produce, and failed not in the least therein: in the midst of them We caused a river to flow.
34. (Abundant) was the produce this man had : he said to his companion, in the course of a mutual argument: "more wealth have I than you, and more honour and power in (my following of) men."
35. He went into his garden in a state (of mind) unjust to his soul: He said, "I deem not that this will ever perish,
36. "Nor do I deem that the Hour (of Judgment) will (ever) come: Even if I am brought back to my Lord, I shall surely find (there) something better in exchange."
37. His companion said to him, in the course of the argument with him: "Dost thou deny Him Who created thee out of dust, then out of a sperm-drop, then fashioned thee into a man?
38. "But (I think) for my part that He is Allah, My Lord, and none shall I associate with my Lord.
39. "Why didst thou not, as thou wentest into thy garden, say: '(Allah)'s will (be done)! There is no power but with Allah.' If thou dost see me less than thee in wealth and sons,
40. "It may be that my Lord will give me something better than thy garden, and that He will send on thy garden thunderbolts (by way of reckoning) from heaven, making it (but) slippery sand!-
41. "Or the water of the garden will run off underground so that thou wilt never be able to find it."
42. So his fruits (and enjoyment) were encompassed (with ruin), and he remained twisting and turning his hands over what he had spent on his property, which had (now) tumbled to pieces to its very foundations, and he could only say, "Woe is me! Would I had never ascribed partners to my Lord and Cherisher!

One of the reasons for calamities is so that people will not feel content only with this world. If the world were free of trials, man would love it more and feel content with it, and would forget about the Hereafter. Hardships wake him up from his negligence and make him strive for the place in which there are no calamities or trials.

Suffering only tests your faith. You could, however, be patient and be happy. I agree that it all depends how you see things. But if a little suffering in this world is what it takes to strengthen my faith, have some bad deed erased and good deeds added to my scale** and have Allah pleased with me, then so be it.

** The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is nothing that befalls a believer, not even a thorn that pricks him, but Allaah will record one good deed for him and will remove one bad deed from him.”

Ok so some of my posts might be a tad bit long…bite me :p:

I’m glad you guys find it useful and thank you Ayaz!

Latest