The Student Room Group
bigrico
The Atheist Teacher
A young woman teacher with obvious liberal tendencies explains to her class of small children that she is an atheist. She asks her class if they're atheists too. Not really knowing what atheism is but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks. There is, however, one exception. A beautiful girl named Zainab has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not an atheist."
Then, asks the teacher, "What are you?" "I'm a Muslim." The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Zainab why she is a Muslim. "Well, I was brought up knowing and loving God. My mom is a Muslim, and my dad is a Muslim, so I am a Muslim."
The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly, "what if your mom was a moron,and your dad was a moron, - what would you be then?" She paused, and smiled. "Then," says Zainab, "I'd be an atheist."

[a moron is a dum, stupid person]

See what I mean, I find that quite funny and am not offended at all, but if I was to have a joke at your prophets expense you would all be up in arms and
saying I am racist.

This is what pisses me off

firstly you dont believe in god, so you have no idea what the Prophets mean to us.
what if i say something to your family? your mother? or father? bear in mind that im giving you an example. or maybe i say something to a person you really love and care for.
would you be offended then?
Reply 19701
True Story....
There was once a man who was an enemy to Islam. He had three famous questions that no person could answer. No Islamic scholar in Baghdad could answer his three questions...thus he made fun of Islam in public. He constantly ridiculed Islam and the Muslims. One day a small boy, who`s age was 10, came along and heard the man yelling and screaming at Muslims in the street. He was challenging people openly to answer the three questions.
The boy stood quietly and watched. He then decided that he would challenge the man. He walked up and told the man, "I will accept your challenge".

The man laughed at the boy and ridiculed the Muslims even more by saying, "A ten year old boy challenges me. Is this all you people have to offer!"

But the boy patiently reiterated his stance. He would challenge the man, and with Allah`s help and guidance, he would put this to an end. The man finally accepted.

The entire city gathered around a small "hill" where open addresses were usually made. The man climbed to the top, and in a loud voice asked his first question.

"What is your God doing right now?"

The small boy thought for a little while and then told the man to climb down the hill and to allow him to go up in order to address the question.

The man says "What? You want me to come down?"

The boy says, "Yes. I need to reply, right?"

The man made his way down and the small boy, age 10, with his little feet made his way up.

This small child`s reply was "Oh Allah Almighty! You be my witness in front of all these people. You have just willed that a Kafir be brought down to a low level, and that a Muslim be brought to a high level!"

The crowd cheered and screamed "Takbir"...."Allah-hu-akbar!!!"

The man was humiliated, but he boldly asked his Second question... "What existed before your God?"

The small child thought and thought.

Then he asked the man to count backwards. "Count from 10 backwards."

The man counted..."10, 9 ,8 , 7 , 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,0"

The boy asked, "What comes before 0 ?"

The man: "I don`t know...nothing."

The boy: "Exactly. Nothing was before Allah, for He is eternal and absolute."

The crowd cheered again...."Takbir!"...."Allah-hu-akbar!!!!"

The man, now completely frustrated, asked his final question. "In which direction is your Allah facing?"

The boy thought and thought.

He then asked for a candle. A candle was brought to him. The blessed child handed it to the man and asked him to light it.

The man did so and remarked, "What is this supposed to prove?"

The young boy asked, "In which direction is light from the candle going?"

The man responded, "It is going in all directions."

The boy: "You have answered your own question. Allah`s light (noor) goes in all directions. He is everywhere. There is no where that He cannot be found.

"The crowd cheered again...."Takbir!"...."Allah-hu-akbar!!!"

The man was so impressed and so moved by the boy`s knowledge and spirituality, that he embraced Islam and became a student of the young boy.

So ended the debate.

Who was the young boy?

The young boy was one of our leaders and one of the greatest scholars, Imam Abu Hanîfa (May Allah bless him).
A Y Z
ofcourse :smile:
what we talking about?

well bigrico here, thinks islam is an evil religon. we're just debating here givng ourviews etc and he's giving his:smile:
hamza those stories are something, but when your trying to make a person understand that Islam is not evil, you have to have more than that.
he will probably ridicule your claim that this is a true story
being an atheist bigrico, im sure you have a 'broad' look on life, if you know what i mean.
you have to be open to discussion, and not be pissed off at other peoples beliefs.
"See what I mean, I find that quite funny and am not offended at all, but if I was to have a joke at your prophets expense you would all be up in arms and
saying I am racist."

Yeh, we would take offence to joke about the Propet (SAW) because he was a very special man and the final messenger of Allah, you must understand that by insulting him your going to provoke a massive uproar from the Muslim community, Ummah. This is because, we hold our religion so close to our hearts, are whole way of life is centered around Islam, to therefore insult it is a terrible thing - if you don't get offended by athiest jokes, thats good for you then, but as we are truly believe and know that what we believe in is the complete and utter truth, we are bound to get offended.That is why I said, lets be civillised about this, and not ridicule the others and make pathetic generalisations, which clearly are false.
calm your self lil_one.

(that sounded weird! :p:)
bigrico

See what I mean, I find that quite funny and am not offended at all, but if I was to have a joke at your prophets expense you would all be up in arms and
saying I am racist.

This is what pisses me off

we do not use rude words in this society :smile: :p:
A Y Z
calm your self lil_one.

no brother, she did really wlel :congrats:
good one sis :smile:
A Y Z
calm your self lil_one.

lol sorry i just get so into these things and get so angry if at least for 1 second he questions himself and thinks maybe she's right, its worth it.
she would have, but she has to really calm down.
we are trying to defend ourself, not attack those who dont see eye to eye with us :p:
A Y Z
we are trying to defend ourself, not attack those who dont see eye to eye with us :p:

lol brother ayaz, im not attacking at all, im trying to just get my view across in the most calm and respectable way possible, so he actually listens.
lil_one
lol sorry i just get so into these things and get so angry if at least for 1 second he questions himself and thinks maybe she's right, its worth it.

you know thats pretty much how i think :biggrin:
A Y Z

not to sound rude in any way, but are you saying that to me or sis lil one :confused:
oh well, alls that ends well :smile:
Reply 19714
A Y Z
you know thats pretty much how i think :biggrin:

yh same here, my blood is boiling thats good no ones near me or i dont know what will happend to them
lil_one
lol brother ayaz, im not attacking at all, im trying to just get my view across in the most calm and respectable way possible, so he actually listens.

i know i know.
im on YOUR side remember? :p:
rahmara
not to sound rude in any way, but are you saying that to me or sis lil one :confused:

both of you
trust me brothers and sisters you wouldnt want to see me up on my feet and :fight:, :ts: and :boxing:. its just a complete different me.

i am nice, kind, caring etc, but when someone discriminates or criticses my religon, hell, no , you wouldnt want to be near me. :mad: :smile:
Reply 19718
rahmara

isnt it alls well that ends well, i think you forgot to put the word well in.
nah, its the new hip sayin from rahmara :p:

Latest