The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Changing courses at mmu?

Hi, i posted something similar in the mmu section of the forum, thought it would get more replies here...

I have applied for a computer course at mmu and now i am having major doubts about whether i should go through with it..i take IT and law at a level as well as others but im now considering changing my course to law...do you think this is possible.

Another thing is that ive accepted the conditional offer for the IT course, and looking at extra law at mmu has a 'x' meaning there are places available....what do you think are the possibilities of me being able to change course.

I have emailed the admissions office about what they do in situations like this and i am waiting to here back from them, i really do not want to have to defer a year, reapply etc. As i said, i want to stay at the same uni..just switch courses.
Reply 1
Maybe phone the uni??
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Jay//
Hi, i posted something similar in the mmu section of the forum, thought it would get more replies here...

I have applied for a computer course at mmu and now i am having major doubts about whether i should go through with it..i take IT and law at a level as well as others but im now considering changing my course to law...do you think this is possible.

Another thing is that ive accepted the conditional offer for the IT course, and looking at extra law at mmu has a 'x' meaning there are places available....what do you think are the possibilities of me being able to change course.

I have emailed the admissions office about what they do in situations like this and i am waiting to here back from them, i really do not want to have to defer a year, reapply etc. As i said, i want to stay at the same uni..just switch courses.

Best to ring the department - don't just send emails. Also, you're going to have to ring your firm and insurance to release you, then you can apply for Law in clearing. Probably be your best bet.

Latest

Trending

Trending