The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
C4 needn't be exceptionally difficult; the problem is often in teaching styles and the way things are laid out in textbooks. If people were taught why integration by parts works, for example, and why integration by substitution works, then it would be much easier to understand which to use and when. The reason why you probably find it easy to pick out an integration method is, I assume, because you're familiar with the workings behind them. Some teachers will just say "if you see two functions multiplied together, use integration by parts", which isn't much use for
Unparseable latex formula:

\displaystyle \int \cos x \sqrt{\sin x}\ \mbox{d}x

, for example.

However, C4 certainly isn't "easy"; people's difficulty with it is a demonstration of this.
Jooeee
Never said all arrogant people were disliked. Read my post properly if you are going to say that.

All I can't see is why you ask this question - yet fill over half the post about how easy you find it and blah blah blah. Why not just ask the question.

I found C3 integration harder than C4 if you're interested. Though after reading it through a few more times and getting used to a few questions, it's easy. I'd probably say that's the same for quite a few people.

Ok I see what the problem is. I put all the information there so as to give my background. I mean I could have done C4 over 5 years or 6 or even 15 years! Have to clarify for TSR.

*Bdw, F uck you for not understanding you ****!
Reply 22
Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight
*Bdw, F uck you for not understanding you ****!

How nice of you
Reply 23
I'm curious, exactly how easy do you find C4?

Could you quantify it?

100% correct in 30 minutes?

95% in 40 minutes?

Give us an idea, then maybe people can make comparisons and maybe tell how brilliant you really are :tongue:
Reply 24
I'm guessing you do Edexcel maths because I saw the C3 and C4 papers :tongue:

AQA C4 is not 'easy' it did require good knowledge and a lot of practise even the C3 was not easy this June. I think other AQA candidates agree :biggrin:
Doesnt it depend which exam board you did for which topics you do in each module?
this is an awful thread for u to 'show off' because you think your gods gift to maths, i found most of A level maths ok, ive always been good at maths and enjoyed it but doesnt mean its easy there are hard bits who ever you are, some people are just naturaly good at maths. That doesnt mean its easy just mean you are 'talented', now go back to not getting laid
Reply 27
C4 looks so easy that I'm going to learn it in a day :smile:. Well to be a little more realistic, 3 or 4 days with a few exercices. C3 was extremely easy for me.
Reply 28
Additional GCSE is harder than a-level maths :L
Reply 29
sheligalo
Additional GCSE is harder than a-level maths :L

:eek:
C4 for me was easier than C3
KSP
I don't need to be told what do thanks. The thread seems like a way for the OP to show off how easy they find maths which i find annoying so i was just expressing my view on the matter.

Yeah but I have clearly indicated that I may well of sounded arrogant you see.
I find C4 pretty easy, too... heck, I found all the core/pure modules quite easy!
But then again, I acknowledge the fact that maths is my strongest subject - and just because I find something easy, that does not mean is is not challenging for the average student.

So be glad that you find it easy, make the most of it, and focus on whatever you find harder instead.
Reply 33
OP, seems you've improved a lot in the last two weeks.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=19546034#post19546034

Now what was so hard about that one?

That's a 30 second question to me. Sorry if that sounds arrogant. :tongue:
rnd
OP, seems you've improved a lot in the last two weeks.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=19546034#post19546034

Now what was so hard about that one?

hahaha ey everyone has their blond moment.

EDIT: :banghead: :rant: :mad2: :stomp:
ShortRef
C4 looks so easy that I'm going to learn it in a day :smile:. Well to be a little more realistic, 3 or 4 days with a few exercices. C3 was extremely easy for me.

It is absolutely possible.
nuodai
C4 needn't be exceptionally difficult; the problem is often in teaching styles and the way things are laid out in textbooks. If people were taught why integration by parts works, for example, and why integration by substitution works, then it would be much easier to understand which to use and when. The reason why you probably find it easy to pick out an integration method is, I assume, because you're familiar with the workings behind them. Some teachers will just say "if you see two functions multiplied together, use integration by parts", which isn't much use for
Unparseable latex formula:

\displaystyle \int \cos x \sqrt{\sin x}\ \mbox{d}x

, for example.

However, C4 certainly isn't "easy"; people's difficulty with it is a demonstration of this.

hmm I sort of get what you mean brother :yep:
rnd
I'm curious, exactly how easy do you find C4?

Could you quantify it?

100% correct in 30 minutes?

95% in 40 minutes?

Give us an idea, then maybe people can make comparisons and maybe tell how brilliant you really are :tongue:

I don't really think getting 100% shows you are better than a 95%. It is somewhat down to luck. I swear.

If you want to know it's 100% in approximately 22 minutes 29 seconds.
I hate C4 but it's understandable you find it easy. You're doing Further Maths so obviously have a better flare for the subject than me. Congrats, I'm slightly jealous :/
tomthecool
I find C4 pretty easy, too... heck, I found all the core/pure modules quite easy!
But then again, I acknowledge the fact that maths is my strongest subject - and just because I find something easy, that does not mean is is not challenging for the average student.

So be glad that you find it easy, make the most of it, and focus on whatever you find harder instead.

Yes I am very glad :biggrin:

However, I need to prepare for M3 M4 & M5 :eek3:

Latest