The Student Room Group
Ah sorry to say but they say no physical contact sport, which i class football as for at least 6 weeks sometimes longer.

The recovery time in terms of football is 6 weeks well was for me.
My recovery was hinderd in other ways, but im sure it will be straight forward for you.

Best to ask the consultant when they see you in the hospital, but i suspect 2 weeks is not enough time to heal properly.
One of my relatives just had their appendix out, and the doctor told them to take 2 weeks off work, but not to do any heavy lifting/strenuous exercise for up to 6 weeks - which would probably include playing football.
You won't play football 2 weeks afterwards.
My recovery took a long time, but there were complications - still, I think you can safely count on NOT being able to play football after two weeks. Sorry!
Reply 5
I had my gallbladder removed so slightly different, but similar sized incisions around the same sort of area. I tell you now, you wont want to play football in two weeks. It hurt for me to sit up unassisted for the first week, and I couldn't flush the toilet without pain around the site for about 2 and a half weeks.

Also, bare in mind that this is if you have keyhole - if there are complications and it becomes an open surgery you may well spend up to a week in hospital and will have a lot longer recovery.

Latest

Trending

Trending