Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Est.1989)
    Yh i emailed em last night, just waiting to hear back from the guy.
    hopefully they'll be able to find me some digs for the week
    I have emailed the organizer too - about the application....but he hasnt got back to me yet.....hopefully it should all get sorted....btw which degree course have you chosen to study?

ReputationRep:
    BSc chemistry but thinking of changing it to the MChem with Business and Management

how long has it been since you sent your email?

ReputationRep:
    BSc chemistry but thinking of changing it to the MChem with Business and Management

OOooo...cool...and well it has been a week now...still no reply back

ReputationRep:

Hey...i have just recieved a reply from him. He said that they wont be able to provide any accomodation, however you can contact the Manchester accomodation halls and maybe ask them if they can accomodate you before actually the university starts. Otherwise, he suggested to contact youth hostels. Hmmmm.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memenme_1)
    Hey...i have just recieved a reply from him. He said that they wont be able to provide any accomodation, however you can contact the Manchester accomodation halls and maybe ask them if they can accomodate you before actually the university starts. Otherwise, he suggested to contact youth hostels. Hmmmm.....
    yh i got that too but im not feeling paying any extra money for accommodation. don't think its worth it. would have been good to go tho.

ReputationRep:
    Physics is the true science. And Maths is better then science.

P.S. Although, saying that chemistry is probably one of the hardest things ever. I would hate to be a chemistry student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ykljdsfdg)
    I'm going to change to Chemistry (4 Years) [MChem] F109
    or
    Medicinal Chemistry (4 Years) [MChem] F152
    or
    Chemical Engineering (4 Years) [MEng] H801 (But I doubt I'd get the AAB required)
    What is your current chosen subject btw? I am one MChem chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ykljdsfdg)
    accounting finance

When I did my ucas I really didn't know anything and I put whatever now... and now I know a lot more but it's too late...

also, I was going to put manchester 1st and I chose the best accommodation ahead of time but now I'm not going to get that! I'm going to get the ****** left-behinds.

I really don't know what to do, I really like my 1st choice degree etc, but I also really want to do chemistry...
    Go for what your hearts says.....if you wont enjoy your course...then theres no point in doing it.....as for accomodation, speak to the accomodation service...perhaps they might be able to help you with something......

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.