The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Interational Orientation - To attend or not to attend?

I'm an international student.

I just got this email that said that i needed to book my place on the orientation (as its on first come first serve basis), and it would cost me 135 pounds.

So now, 1. 135 pounds is kind of expensive.
and 2. isnt it better to explore on your own?

So, do u guys think i should go for it, or it isnt that important?

Also does anyone know that is i choose to not go in for this, will there still be some activities happening during those days and will I be given my accommodation.

THANK YOU
PumpKin123
I'm an international student.

I just got this email that said that i needed to book my place on the orientation (as its on first come first serve basis), and it would cost me 135 pounds.

So now, 1. 135 pounds is kind of expensive.
and 2. isnt it better to explore on your own?

So, do u guys think i should go for it, or it isnt that important?

Also does anyone know that is i choose to not go in for this, will there still be some activities happening during those days and will I be given my accommodation.

THANK YOU

you won't be given accom.
if you've not been to the UK before it's advisable to go on it, plus it's a good way to meet some friends before the main lot get there. give you a footing so to speak.

you're paying through your nose already, what is another £135 in the scheme of things.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
did you hear back from the international office?

booked my place but didnt get any email or smthing..
Reply 3
tommyvillegas
did you heard back from the international office?

booked my place but didnt get any email or smthing..

same here.
Good way to meet some people earlier... and it might be a good chance to sort a bank account and all that sort of thing.

I didn't do any orientations though...you will meet enough people while you're there and will have plenty of time to explore everything. It's up to you really.
Reply 5
I tend to agree with those saying that it is a good way to meet new people. However, it is somewhat unfortunate that only international students attend this orientation week and therefore groups of friends might be based on people you met there even later on. But that obviously depends on the individual student.

And yes this week is a good opportunity to sort out all the administrative stuff before most students arrive, so banks etc. might not that crowded.
I, for my part, found the orientation week a good way to get to know the surroundings.

Latest