The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Is just doing psychology to get into UCL psychology enough?

I’d like to apply for psychology at UCL when I eventually am in ywar 13 next year, but currently only take psychology as my only science subject. Despite this being eligible for the entry requirements, they would prefer it if I did 2 science subject. Was just wondering whether or not it would impact me in a big way and if doing just one science subject is enough?
Probably not. The course there is very scientifically oriented, and I gather it's pretty common for most students to have done two or even three sciences at A-level. Particularly as your science is not a "core" science (maths/bio/chem/physics) I think it's really quite unlikely.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Gopgop
I’d like to apply for psychology at UCL when I eventually am in ywar 13 next year, but currently only take psychology as my only science subject. Despite this being eligible for the entry requirements, they would prefer it if I did 2 science subject. Was just wondering whether or not it would impact me in a big way and if doing just one science subject is enough?

Although you might not have taken science-based a-levels you could always undertake activities outside of school that relate to the hard sciences that could help you? For example doing a MOOC on biology/biopsychology or attending any scientific university lectures that may be available to you. I’m not sure what year you’re applying so there may not be a personal statement anymore but your teachers could still write about these :smile: Even if you might be at a slight disadvantage applying, doing things like this could help your application also!
Reply 3
i do IB and i only do psych higher level? i meet all the requirements etc but is that enough?
Hi, my friend applied for psychology at uni without any other science a levels (psych, sociology and politics) and she has gotten 5/5 offers, 4 of which are from russel group unis. I understand that UCL is more competitive than most russel groups however, so it may not be the same (idk if this is useful??)
Original post by Gopgop
My friend just got an offer for psychology bsc, and she does sociology, psychology, and english literature! What other subjects do you do?
Original post by doriangraayy
My friend just got an offer for psychology bsc, and she does sociology, psychology, and english literature! What other subjects do you do?
what are her predicted grades if you know?? thank you
Original post by Anonymous #2
what are her predicted grades if you know?? thank you
I think they're A star A star A, or A star A A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending