The Student Room Group

Law / history at university

Can anyone reccomend good ( not Russel group ) university’s to study law
Leicester, Kent, Lancaster, Reading are some of the non-RG unis that offer law that are regarded as good unis.

Cardiff, Liverpool, Sheffield, Southampton, Newcastle are the easiest Russell group unis to get into who may give you an offer if your predicted grades are slightly lower than what they ask for.

Do you have your predicted grades yet? If so what they are? You may still be able to get these grades upped. Depends on your college and individual teacher if they would be willing to up them.

Also, look to see if you are eligible for contextual offers. If you are, the grade requirement will be lowered by 1-2 grades (sometimes even 3 at Newcastle and Exeter). Eligibility also means they do not expect your GCSEs to be as good as non-contextual applicants.
Original post by lbe
Can anyone reccomend good ( not Russel group ) university’s to study law

I'd recommend Lancaster University for both subjects. I'm Emmanuel and I've just graduated with a Joint Honours degree in History & Politics. You would need AAB A-Levels as entry requirements to attend if you wished to pursue either course but the research orientation of the University staff, interdisciplinarity and breadth of modules (especially in the History department) really enriched my studies. Do get in touch if you wish to know more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending