2011 Entry- Hopeful Medic Thread :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2780
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Erm, I'm always polite.

of course you are. I should have said " a fairly pleasant reply. well done!"
Reply 2781
Original post by goodboy4444
OH..i was checking out the competetion!!!Yeah i think you should call them up.I have called all my unis up like 10 times..half of the time it was regarding my qualifications..but anyway!!:colondollar:

Edit:I am also from india!!

Lol yeah i might just call them...see what they say! thanks! wahay india! high five bro! was there a few days ago :smile:
Reply 2782
interview HYMS on Dec 8th. Very happy.
Reply 2783
Original post by conorcd
interview HYMS on Dec 8th. Very happy.

congrats!!
Reply 2784
Original post by ragaa
congrats!!

congrats on Birm one. I had 3 interviews last year and 3 offers. Best advice I have is do practice ones. From how to shake hands, sit down,where put hands etc it made me feel better -felt like an idiot doing it tho. I got school, mams friends, St Johns leader, anyone to interview me. Gave them the ISC book for question ideas
Reply 2785
Original post by conorcd
congrats on Birm one. I had 3 interviews last year and 3 offers. Best advice I have is do practice ones. From how to shake hands, sit down,where put hands etc it made me feel better -felt like an idiot doing it tho. I got school, mams friends, St Johns leader, anyone to interview me. Gave them the ISC book for question ideas

thanks
I bought the ISCbook.
Starting prep today.
Where to put my hands when sitting down/
And I should keep my legs together right?
Reply 2786
Original post by ragaa
thanks
I bought the ISCbook.
Starting prep today.
Where to put my hands when sitting down/
And I should keep my legs together right?

I got interviewed by someone who is an admissions interviewer and he said that it is okay to gesture a little but some people wave their hands round or fidget which is distrcting. he said sit slightly forward in chair so you look interested but aren't perchoing on the end ready to fall off, legs together,never crossed and feet flat on floor as that reduces legs trembling. hands on lap, preferably interwoven as that stops nervouis tapping. sadly I even practised how to sit in front of a mirror!
Reply 2787
:biggrin:
Original post by conorcd
I got interviewed by someone who is an admissions interviewer and he said that it is okay to gesture a little but some people wave their hands round or fidget which is distrcting. he said sit slightly forward in chair so you look interested but aren't perchoing on the end ready to fall off, legs together,never crossed and feet flat on floor as that reduces legs trembling. hands on lap, preferably interwoven as that stops nervouis tapping. sadly I even practised how to sit in front of a mirror!

Thaks lot for the advise.
Doing that made you get 3 offers!!

Tips on shaking hands?
And what to do when the interview is over?
Reply 2788
Original post by ragaa
:biggrin:

Thaks lot for the advise.
Doing that made you get 3 offers!!

Tips on shaking hands?
And what to do when the interview is over?

this was from st johns leader who is a personnel officer-have a hanky to wipe hands on in waiting area as sweaty palms aren't good. most handshakes are either too limp/gentle or the opposite and bounce the other person up and down. you want a balance that shows inner confidence but consideration for the other person! and always offer your hand to anyone interviewing. if they don't have time to shake they will tell you but you will still look polite/professional apparently.
not sure how I got 3 offers tbh esp at newcastle-my first interview. I fidgetted with my braces in the waiting room and ended up looking loke coco the clown with trousers 3 inches too short. didn't realise til got home
Reply 2789
Original post by conorcd
this was from st johns leader who is a personnel officer-have a hanky to wipe hands on in waiting area as sweaty palms aren't good. most handshakes are either too limp/gentle or the opposite and bounce the other person up and down. you want a balance that shows inner confidence but consideration for the other person! and always offer your hand to anyone interviewing. if they don't have time to shake they will tell you but you will still look polite/professional apparently.
not sure how I got 3 offers tbh esp at newcastle-my first interview. I fidgetted with my braces in the waiting room and ended up looking loke coco the clown with trousers 3 inches too short. didn't realise til got home

thanks
what should I say when leaving the room?
Reply 2790
Original post by ragaa
thanks
what should I say when leaving the room?

thank them for the opportunity and smile/look at each one in turn. think I also said once I hope to hear from you soon then regretted it as they didn't respond!
I'm not satying my ideas are great but having acted it all out a few times made me slightly less awkward I think
Reply 2791
Original post by conorcd
thank them for the opportunity and smile/look at each one in turn. think I also said once I hope to hear from you soon then regretted it as they didn't respond!
I'm not satying my ideas are great but having acted it all out a few times made me slightly less awkward I think

thanks alott!!
Reply 2792
Original post by ragaa
thanks alott!!

no worries. let me know how you get on
Reply 2793
Original post by conorcd
no worries. let me know how you get on

Yeah sure! :smile:
Reply 2794
I havent recieved a acknowledgment from newcastle. other people have stated on their sig that they have. :s-smilie: dunno if i shud ring them....?
Original post by conorcd

I thought it was ok to cross your legs? it looks better, I can't sit without my legs crossed :colondollar:
Reply 2796
Original post by YaHabibtyYaMasr
I thought it was ok to cross your legs? it looks better, I can't sit without my legs crossed :colondollar:

was told not to as either legs tremble or some interviewers see it as too casual. if you will be more nervous without crossing, you'll have to cross. am sure they have more imp things to mark us on anyway
Reply 2797
Hey guys ? I have UKCAT of 625 A*A*AAA at A level and a B at as level predictions average GCSEs does this mean that they will reject me because of my UKCAT score ?

I applied to Glasgow Abeerden dundee and Keele for medicine

I didnt receive anything except acknowledgements :/ what do you think ? will glasgow directly reject me because of my UKCAT :/:/
Original post by Turkay
Hey guys ? I have UKCAT of 625 A*A*AAA at A level and a B at as level predictions average GCSEs does this mean that they will reject me because of my UKCAT score ?

I applied to Glasgow Abeerden dundee and Keele for medicine

I didnt receive anything except acknowledgements :/ what do you think ? will glasgow directly reject me because of my UKCAT :/:/

Firstly stop worrying.
Most of us who haven't heard yet wont hear till feburary.
Also Your personal statement is equally as important.
What kind of work experience / voulntary work / extra curricular activities do you have?
But i seriously wouldn't worry at this stage.
Reply 2799
Original post by joemullally
Firstly stop worrying.
Most of us who haven't heard yet wont hear till feburary.
Also Your personal statement is equally as important.
What kind of work experience / voulntary work / extra curricular activities do you have?
But i seriously wouldn't worry at this stage.

my work experience is 4 months shadowing
2.5 months in rehabilitation center
1 week full time in charity for cancerous people
1 month at medical biochemistry labaratory

extracuyrricular :Basketball camping team , bicommunal camps , debating , theatre club , cycling club

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending