The Student Room Group

2011 Entry- Hopeful Medic Thread :)

Scroll to see replies

Narik
Nah TSR is just packed with the higher end of medic applicants. IRL, there are "normal" people.

Yeah, I would have thought so. By the way, ure not normal :tongue:
Reply 781
englishman129
Yeah, I would have thought so. By the way, ure not normal :tongue:

I'm TSR normal. :awesome:
Narik
I'm TSR normal. :awesome:

haha, just about :wink:
Looking at ure profile I just realised you're doing c3 and c4 this year. When I was around the maths forums one day and you posted some random c4 stuff I was thinking you were doing it for fun or somethin :/ haha.
Reply 784
englishman129
Looking at ure profile I just realised you're doing c3 and c4 this year. When I was around the maths forums one day and you posted some random c4 stuff I was thinking you were doing it for fun or somethin :/ haha.

lol but i've got ****loads of work to do as a result...!!! :eek3:
Narik
lol but i've got ****loads of work to do as a result...!!! :eek3:

mm yeah, it would be quite a bit. I got FP1, M1, C2 and S2 to do in June and I'm well stressed :|
Reply 786
englishman129
mm yeah, it would be quite a bit. I got FP1, M1, C2 and S2 to do in June and I'm well stressed :|

Good luck! I've got 4AS and 3A2s. What other subjects are you doing? :smile:
englishman129

What were your results?
Narik
Good luck! I've got 4AS and 3A2s. What other subjects are you doing? :smile:

Ooh kool, good luck to you too!! I think i've told you before :p: , but I do - Chemistry, Biology, Physics, maths and further maths AS. I'm not doing any A2's.
Reply 789
Dr.Black Knight
What were your results?

Lol you're a nosey one aren't you!! :p:
Reply 790
englishman129
Ooh kool, good luck to you too!! I think i've told you before :p: , but I do - Chemistry, Biology, Physics, maths and further maths AS. I'm not doing any A2's.

:woo: Snap. :biggrin:
Narik
Lol you're a nosey one aren't you!! :p:

can't I just ask?
Dr.Black Knight
What were your results?

97/100 in C1
94/100 in S1
81/90 in Biology unit one
92/100 in Chemistry unit one.
86/120 in physics (remark - as me and my teacher found 4-5 clear mistakes in the marking of the paper. Retaking, regardless in June.)
Dr.Black Knight
can't I just ask?

lol, I was going to just give grades but thought the next question would be the UMS scores so gave them in advance :tongue:
Reply 794
Dr.Black Knight
can't I just ask?

I was only joking. :frown:
Ask away...
englishman129
97/100 in C1
94/100 in S1
81/90 in Biology unit one
92/100 in Chemistry unit one.
86/120 in physics (remark - as me and my teacher found 4-5 clear mistakes in the marking of the paper. Retaking, regardless in June.)

You too have good unit marks so why worry!!
Narik
I was only joking. :frown:
Ask away...

by the way, hows D1 like dude? I was considering taking it nxt year...
Dr.Black Knight
You too have good unit marks so why worry!!

yeah, their ok. Pretty standard for TSR students lol
Reply 798
englishman129
Yeah, I agree. Is it just me or is everyone on TSR aiming for Oxbridge with like the highest UMS scores ever...? I hope this doesn't represent the general population of medic applicants - or I'm dead :/

Yeah everyone who said they're aiming for Oxbridge whose results i've seen all seem to have ridiculously high UMS scores. It's making me feel really crap about how I'm doing. It doesn't really represent how I'll do in my real exams as I'm fairly sure I'll get an A in all my subjects but to get UMS scores that high...I don't see myself avoiding making mistakes.

Also I got 6 A*'s, 3 A's and some other irrelevant and disappointing grades. Not brilliant in comparison to most applicants to Oxbridge.
Scrubby
Yeah everyone who said they're aiming for Oxbridge whose results i've seen all seem to have ridiculously high UMS scores. It's making me feel really crap about how I'm doing. It doesn't really represent how I'll do in my real exams as I'm fairly sure I'll get an A in all my subjects but to get UMS scores that high...I don't see myself avoiding making mistakes.

Also I got 6 A*'s, 3 A's and some other irrelevant and disappointing grades. Not brilliant in comparison to most applicants to Oxbridge.

mm, I got 7a*'s and 4 A's..Cambridge are less into GCSEs than Oxford (who weigh them with BMAT). Of course it does help getting high GCSEs, but I think high UMS scores at AS are more important as well as BMAT section 2 for most colleges.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending