The Student Room Group

2011 Entry- Hopeful Medic Thread :)

Scroll to see replies

InItToWinItGetIt?
I don't know lol. It all depends on my UKCAT.

I would prefer manchester but now they rank all the people in terms of the ukcat and call the top 'X' number.. similar to the newcastle system. I have also been looking at Liverpool but if i get good ukcat i'm not gna apply there.

However, i know where i won't apply! lol
Bham - they want 8.5 A*s at GCSE for interview (sent them an email lol)
Bristol - they seem to love GCSEs as well for some reason :confused:

What about you?

What were your GCSEs?
Reply 1021
Dr.Black Knight
What were your GCSEs?

They're on his profile.
InItToWinItGetIt?

I would prefer manchester but now they rank all the people in terms of the ukcat and call the top 'X' number.. similar to the newcastle system. I have also been looking at Liverpool but if i get good ukcat i'm not gna apply there.

What about you?

hmm, you nearly committed suicide after getting 87% in chem1....meh, cba to judge <_<
InItToWinItGetIt?

What about you?

yea, no b'ham or bristol.
i am thinking UCL, Newcastle, barts/Aberdeen , leeds/peninsula/sheffield
i need to think of my last one and barts and newcastle is dependent on decent UKCAT.
seems like the UKCAT is gonna play a big role!
i think u should apply kings if u like it, u would stand a good chance i reckon.
abhijitnair
i need to think of my last one and barts and newcastle is dependent on decent UKCAT.
i think u should apply kings if u like it, u would stand a good chance i reckon.

hehe, so you wanna get away from home? XD
Going_To_California
I know, I just want to make sure it's the best it can be and I want as much time as possible. Hopefully I'll just be able to add bits as I go along instead of getting to the last minute and panicking.
Also, my college deadline is September for medicine :p:

Actually, the guy does speak some truth. I started my PS really early like you and was really pleased with the result, but by the time I sent my application off I'd edited it so heavily that it didn't show any of my personality.

I'd recommend you seriously cool it until at least say, August-ish.
Hippysnake
Actually, the guy does speak some truth. I started my PS really early like you and was really pleased with the result, but by the time I sent my application off I'd edited it so heavily that it didn't show any of my personality.

I'd recommend you seriously cool it until at least say, August-ish.

I do believe what he said, but I know I'll need longer than a week to do it, so I'm not going to think about it again for quite a while.
Thank you both for the advice though, I'm just going to be focusing on revision for the next couple of months anyway.
How's your application going?
abhijitnair

I was considering UCL too but then i decided i dont wna sit the bmat exam lol.
Yh UKCAT is gna play role. But i guess its a practice based exam, so its possible to get a high score... easier said than done tho lol

What did you get in ur GCSEs?
gildartz
hmm, you nearly committed suicide after getting 87% in chem1....meh, cba to judge <_<

i was contemplating it lol.. I rearranged the PV=nRT equation wrong!!
I make silly mistakes in exams soo many times. In my maths C1 i multiplied by 5 dived by two wrong!! (i would have got 100 otherwise:frown: )
In C2 i multiplied wrong again... but i realised that i did then the examiner said stop writing:frown:

Anyone got tips on this problem?... starting to get annoying now lol
Going_To_California
I do believe what he said, but I know I'll need longer than a week to do it, so I'm not going to think about it again for quite a while.
Thank you both for the advice though, I'm just going to be focusing on revision for the next couple of months anyway.

I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but I'm guessing this has something to do with you starting your PS this early. Your AS exams are far more important at this point - you have the whole summer to do your PS. I started mine late June and only did a little bit every week. I had my first draft done by mid August and it was off by 23/9. I'd ignore it now until after your exams. But I've just realised you're doing that anyway so I'm going to leave :getmecoat:
InItToWinItGetIt?
i was contemplating it lol.. I rearranged the PV=nRT equation wrong!!
I make silly mistakes in exams soo many times. In my maths C1 i multiplied by 5 dived by two wrong!! (i would have got 100 otherwise:frown: )
In C2 i multiplied wrong again... but i realised that i did then the examiner said stop writing:frown:

Anyone got tips on this problem?... starting to get annoying now lol

but what I don't understand is that you got 87% and you seem to be disappointed with it, baffles me tbh.

As for your problem, best thing to do is to thoroughly check your work after you finish.
gildartz
but what I don't understand is that you got 87% and you seem to be disappointed with it, baffles me tbh.

As for your problem, best thing to do is to thoroughly check your work after you finish.

Haha i already do that!!

No but i lost 4 marks and 3 of them was coz of a silly mistake.. so i could've got higher... oh well

Wat did u get in ur GCSEs and jan modules?
Reply 1032
InItToWinItGetIt?
Haha i already do that!!

No but i lost 4 marks and 3 of them was coz of a silly mistake.. so i could've got higher... oh well

The vast majority of the country make 'silly mistakes' in exams, and 'could've got higher'.
InItToWinItGetIt?
Haha i already do that!!

Don't keep thinking about the silly mistakes, you got a high A and for medicine all you need is an A unless if you really want to go to Cambridge, even then your other modules would make up for it.

Well if you're really curious then I got 9 A*s 3 As at GCSE and for my jan modules i got 94 in C1, 97 in chem1 and 118/120 in biology.

Noble.
The vast majority of the country make 'silly mistakes' in exams, and 'could've got higher'.

indeed XD
felt_monkey
I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but I'm guessing this has something to do with you starting your PS this early. Your AS exams are far more important at this point - you have the whole summer to do your PS. I started mine late June and only did a little bit every week. I had my first draft done by mid August and it was off by 23/9. I'd ignore it now until after your exams. But I've just realised you're doing that anyway so I'm going to leave :getmecoat:

Yeah, I've written like one sentence literally, but I'm just getting over excited and I need to prioritise and do well in my exams which I'm hoping I will!
Well done on your offer by the way :biggrin:
Going_To_California

Got an offer from my top choice, which is Leicester.
gildartz
hehe, so you wanna get away from home? XD

Nt reaally just looking at places I would have a decent shot at and looking at their course structure as well.
Bt my dream one is UCL and that's close to home!
The UKCAT still scares me... :/ stupid Abstract Reasoning...
killfestab
The UKCAT still scares me... :/ stupid Abstract Reasoning...

you shouldn't be scared of the UKCAT, the UKCAT should be scared of YOU :top:
Reply 1039
gildartz
you shouldn't be scared of the UKCAT, the UKCAT should be scared of YOU :top:

It's a shame that can't be said for the BMAT though... :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending