The Student Room Group

What are my chances ?

Hello;

I have studied Civil Engineering in Turkey / Istanbul. (YILDIZ TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY)

Now I got an offer from Sheffield University : Structural Engineering (MSc) It is a one year programme.

IF I succesfully get my Msc, what are my chances to find a job in UK ? Will my undergraduate lower my chances or will the employers consider my post graduate degree ? (Assume I work really hard for a year and I get a good degree)

And I will be 26 years old when complete my Masters. I have 1.5 years of work experience, in an engineering company in Turkey, but I dont think it would help in anyway, so consider it does not exist.

What are my chances ?

(Turkey is not in EU, so I have a work permit for 2 years after getting my degree, and then I can apply to get a work permit as "Highly Skilled Worker" after earning some money in England, so work permit is not a problem, UK lets me work if I do the masters. At least gives me the chance.)

Thank you.
Reply 1
I can't see why getting your degree from Turkey would look bad to employers. I think that your work experience is relevent and should be included in your CV. You have done more work experience than someone taking a sandwich degree would have so thats a good thing. Aslong as the degree you got in Turkey is a recognized qualification in the UK, and you do well in your masters then I think you will have a good chance, after all you are contributing good skilled labour to the economy. Good luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending