The Student Room Group
If o2 find out, they'll just ask you to renew your contract when you turn 18.
Reply 2
How did you even manage to get a contract with 02? You have to go through credit checks and you wouldn't have passed as an 18 year old, let alone a 17 year old.
Reply 3
Why doesn't your bank know your real age?
If you showed them a fake Id then I would worry but if u just said u were 18 then I doubt that anythings gonna happen.
technically what you have done is illegal yes, as you are not allowed to hold legally binding contracts until you are an adult, if you used fake id to take out the contract the AFAIK yes, you have commited fraud
Reply 6
I had a direct debit through my bank account for a magazine when I was 16. I think you can have direct debits below 18, but I'm assuming for a phone contract you need to be 18, as it's like a contract. However I think you should be fine as long as you make sure you have enough money in your account to pay it. :p:
Reply 7
Yeah i am unsure why I havent been checked out by my bank / o2.

o2 asked for my D.O.B on the website and when I entered my real one it wouldnt let me continue so I entered it to make me 18 and no further checks/ID was needed.

Its a sim only contract, no phone included. Maybe this is why?
Reply 8
Why do you care?

Also, you're allowed to make use of direct debit if you're under 18...
pfft you're fine! theyre gettiing their money, who cares. Ha anyway anyone finds out "im just a child and confused"
Reply 10
This is fraud as you have entered into a control illegally by misinforming them.

If you did get found out, I believe this can have a seriously bad effect on your credit history.
Reply 11
I wouldn't say this is fraud as your not actually ripping anyone off, if you did get found out then they would probably just cancel the contract.
You can have a direct debit from whenever...

As for the contract, then I'm a bit surprised you haven't been found out. If you do, I'd expect them to terminate the contract and put a note onto your credit score for when you DO turn 18, which will probably effect it.
Just keep quiet and see what happens.
Reply 13
O2 wont really care or investigate....so long as they keep getting a piece of your wallet every month. :wink:
Ape Gone Insane
\sarcasm Yes, you will go to jail for a hundred years /sarcasm

Even Bernard Madoff is jealous at the seriousness of his offense :yes:
The-Wi$e-One
technically what you have done is illegal yes, as you are not allowed to hold legally binding contracts until you are an adult, if you used fake id to take out the contract the AFAIK yes, you have commited fraud

Please what does this mean " AFAIK" ?
steve2005
Please what does this mean " AFAIK" ?

AFAIK = as far as I know

I don't understand how you got a contract in the first place, when my dad got my contract he had to have a couple of checks before they allowed him to have the contract :redface:
Reply 17
MrFroggy
I wouldn't say this is fraud as your not actually ripping anyone off, if you did get found out then they would probably just cancel the contract.

Fraud isnt stealing money, thats theft. Fraud is intentional deception..
Reply 18
SacreBleu
Fraud isnt stealing money, thats theft. Fraud is intentional deception..

Isn't it deceiving for gain though? Not just lying about something.
Reply 19
MrFroggy
Isn't it deceiving for gain though? Not just lying about something.

Deceiving so I can have a phone contract?

Also why would anyone deceive somebody for loss?

Latest

Trending

Trending