The Student Room Group

Fitness to practice appeal

Hello all, In desperate need of advice. I use to have an instagram account that was hacked like 6 months ago before one student went to my school and reported that its my account posting in appropriate images that breach patients confidentiality . Showed my school evidence that my account was hacked by emails from Instagram but they still managed to exclude me and say my fitness is impaired . I am in the process of an appeal but not certain what else can i do
Original post by khawlaahmed
Hello all, In desperate need of advice. I use to have an instagram account that was hacked like 6 months ago before one student went to my school and reported that its my account posting in appropriate images that breach patients confidentiality . Showed my school evidence that my account was hacked by emails from Instagram but they still managed to exclude me and say my fitness is impaired . I am in the process of an appeal but not certain what else can i do

Are the inappropriate images which breach patients confidentiality images which are publicly available somewhere? If not, what is the source of those images? How are they identifiable as patients as opposed to just being random members of the public?

Why would the student assume that the account was yours? Does it contain your name?

With regards to timing, can you prove that the images were posted after you lost control of the account? Can you prove that they were taken after you lost control of the account? Actually, can you prove that you lost control of the account? Does reporting an account as having been hacked lock it in some way whilst Intragram investigate, or does it have no real impact?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Are the inappropriate images which breach patients confidentiality images which are publicly available somewhere? If not, what is the source of those images? How are they identifiable as patients as opposed to just being random members of the public?

Why would the student assume that the account was yours? Does it contain your name?

With regards to timing, can you prove that the images were posted after you lost control of the account? Can you prove that they were taken after you lost control of the account? Actually, can you prove that you lost control of the account? Does reporting an account as having been hacked lock it in some way whilst Intragram investigate, or does it have no real impact?

yes, i found some of them in another American Instagram account holder who is a popular doctor. The student provided two different accounts and claimed they are mine but she being daft didn't pay attention that the profile pictures are different which shows they r different accounts . But i didn't paid attention to it till I got the police involved and they were able to spot it. Yes got all the proves from Instagram and also the posts that have been posted by the hacked account which shows it is a fraud. I also got a bank statement that show because of the hack money was taken from my account which was identified as fraud by action fraud . My friend reported it then 24 hrs after but she never got a reply so I'm not certain what Instagram should have done
yes, i found some of them in another American Instagram account holder who is a popular doctor. The student provided two different accounts and claimed they are mine but she being daft didn't pay attention that the profile pictures are different which shows they r different accounts . But i didn't paid attention to it till I got the police involved and they were able to spot it. Yes got all the proves from Instagram and also the posts that have been posted by the hacked account which shows it is a fraud. I also got a bank statement that show because of the hack money was taken from my account which was identified as fraud by action fraud . My friend reported it then 24 hrs after but she never got a reply so I'm not certain what Instagram should have done

Given all that evidence, have you any idea why "they still managed to exclude me and say my fitness is impaired"? Have they provided an explanation? Do you have a right of appeal?
Reply 4
Given all that evidence, have you any idea why "they still managed to exclude me and say my fitness is impaired"? Have they provided an explanation? Do you have a right of appeal?

At that time of the hearing i didnt have the information regarding the difference between the two accounts and also the bank , and the action fraud evidence plus the police involvement. However no i do and submitted an appeal few days ago . However would appreciate any help
At that time of the hearing i didnt have the information regarding the difference between the two accounts and also the bank , and the action fraud evidence plus the police involvement. However no i do and submitted an appeal few days ago . However would appreciate any help

Understood. It's not clear what help you would like.

You've gathered the necessary evidence, and submitted an appeal. Do you know what the process is from now?
Reply 6
Understood. It's not clear what help you would like.

You've gathered the necessary evidence, and submitted an appeal. Do you know what the process is from now?

I am just very worried , also a question can i a university dismiss you for such a thing when they haven't even got any evidence to connect you to the account other than the word of another student
I am just very worried , also a question can i a university dismiss you for such a thing when they haven't even got any evidence to connect you to the account other than the word of another student

Your worry is perfectly understandable!

The action which a university can take, and the process via which they can reach that decision, will be outlined in the policies of whichever university you're at. I would strongly encourage you to locate that policy (it'll be buried on their web site somewhere) so that your understand the process and can properly prepare yourself for whatever will come next.
Reply 8
Your worry is perfectly understandable!

The action which a university can take, and the process via which they can reach that decision, will be outlined in the policies of whichever university you're at. I would strongly encourage you to locate that policy (it'll be buried on their web site somewhere) so that your understand the process and can properly prepare yourself for whatever will come next.

Hello, me and the SU advisor looked at it and it doesn't show anything in regards to how they reached to the sanction because there are many sanctions before dismissal.
Reply 9
Original post by Thesunderer
Have you spoken to the MDU, or the BMA? I’ve been through a fitness to practice and they were quite helpful. However, I ended up getting a solicitor because my situation was complex. I hope everything goes well for you since you got the evidence, but if things go further south, i’d suggest you get a solicitor. Keep praying brother.

i spoke to the mdu and they r happy to assist . how did yours go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending