The Student Room Group

Help !! Plzz

Basically i have a girlfriend we have been together for about 7 months now and recently shes started drinking now and then not alot. But i dont want her to put her health at risk i was talking to her about it and i told her i care bout her and all she had to say was its my life not yours. That hurt me in a way. The point is I dont know what to do or say to her. In my religion Drinking is wrong fullstop but im not sure how i can make her understand that its wrong and i dont want her to do it. I think that she does it because all of her friends do it. I dont know what to do anymore the past few days ive been talking to her friends and they said that if i feel really strong about it then to end it with her, But i cant. Can some off you please help me of give me some advice please.
thanks

Scroll to see replies

Do you mean she is binge drinking or having the casual pint every now and then ?
Reply 2
she has the casual drink now and then well yesterday night she got drunk. and i dont remember the time before that.
Reply 3
You're considering ending your relationship because she has taken to the occasional drink?

It's your religion. Not hers. (I assume).

edit - I sincerely hope this is a troll.
Reply 4
we both have the same religion.
and what do you mean troll ??
Mts786
she has the casual drink now and then well yesterday night she got drunk. and i dont remember the time before that.

dude just let her drink man, she has her own life and you trying to control it over the casaul drink it gonna end up geting you binned. Chill out man.
Reply 6
You have no right to enforce your own personal rules onto others, if she wants a drink every now and again you have no right to stop her.
Reply 7
but even a casual drink wont that affect her health??
and i dont want her to get drunk and then end up doing something wrong.
its a long distance relationship so i dont really see her ALOT
im from birmingham shes from london.
She can have the occasional drink if he wants.
and that kind of insecurity will only end your relationship,
Erm, small amounts of wine for example are actually beneficial. The odd pint to be honest is probably not doing much more harm then London's atmosphere is!

If you don't like drinking because you're a muslim then whatever, but don't try stopping your gf/making her feel guilty for it!
Reply 11
Mts786

Then it's her choice. You cannot enforce something like that on her and expect not to get chucked.

Troll is something that pretty much takes the piss.
Reply 12
A casual drink is NOT bad for you.

You can't control her like that - a casual drink can help you loosen up and have fun, and its not fair of you to stop her.

You said you think she drinks because her friends do it, and you seem to think thats wrong. Is it not wrong for her not to drink because you don't?
Reply 13
soo the occasional drinking wont affect her ??
thats im worried bout
if itll affect her healt
Reply 14
ok the thing is im just worried about her health
she has the occasional drink
but she ends up drunk
will that still affect her health ???
i cant be with her all the time
cuz its a long distant thing
Mts786

Hmm, you may have the same religion, but your interpretations may vary. For example, I would consider myself to have the same religion as a friend who told me I was going to hell because I didn't believe the same thing as her [but we won't go into that...].

As long as it's the casual drink and not binging 24/7, there's nothing you can do. It's her body and her life, and you get to control neither, sorry.

Of course, if she was seriously damaging her health, I could understand your concern, but from the sounds of it, she's not.

ETA: 1) Getting drunk occasionally shouldn't harm her health, a lot of people do it. 2) You don't have to be around her all the time
Reply 16
noo i just want to no if it will harm her health gettin drunk occasionally
she sed shes only doing it because
"my emotions arer all muddled up and i feel like someone else is controlling them"
Mts786
noo i just want to no if it will harm her health gettin drunk occasionally
she sed shes only doing it because
"my emotions arer all muddled up and i feel like someone else is controlling them"

Getting drunk occasionally won't harm her health, honestly.

Well, if that's the real reason she's drinking, she should evaluate her reasons for drinking. But, I can't really see how alcohol would help her control her own emotions. From what you said earlier, it sounds more like she's just drinking socially.
Reply 18
She said :
"just my emotions are all muddled up and i feel like sumeone else is controlling them thats why i smoke and drink beacause it just allows that feelings to escape"

( she stopped smoking tho )
Mts786
She said :
"just my emotions are all muddled up and i feel like sumeone else is controlling them thats why i smoke and drink beacause it just allows that feelings to escape"

( she stopped smoking tho )

Try getting her to talk to you/a close friend about this, but if she still wants to drink socially, she'll continue to do so. Really don't know how drinking can help her feel in control though...

ETA: If you try telling her to stop drinking etc, it probably won't help, as she'll feel like your trying to take control. Maybe talk to her about her reasons, what's going on that may be causing her to feel like this etc. I still stand by 'it's her life & body' though, unless it starts to affect her negatively.

Latest

Trending

Trending