The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

99 Red Balloons
Which reminds me, how would you control who actually has a baby or not? Accidents can happen, so would you just take the child away from it's parents when they haven't even done anything?

There's something like a registry of birth ya know. And no, I think a fine would be enough.
No, because I wouldn't agree with the fact that the government could dictate who could and could not have children. The government would have to have some form of criteria and implement that by having people check up on the prospective parent’s etc meaning that it would be costly for the state. There would also be the issue of the government telling someone that they couldn't have a baby because of A and B when they in fact are great people and would make great parents.

You would also have to take into account people who accidently become pregnant. Would they be forced to have an abortion or give their child up? That surely would not be in the best interests of the child to never know its true family through no fault of its own.

Why am I talking like this might actually happen :p:
JackDaniels^
There's something like a registry of birth ya know. And no, I think a fine would be enough.

Well I meant stopping them getting pregnant in the first place. And doesn't a fine undermine the whole point of this?
Hamcock
Do think people should pass tests to be a parent because there are too many bad parents?
Isn't it stupid that u need license for a pet (in some countries) but not for a child?
sounds like having a child is not as serious as having a pet!

:lolwut:
Not a license but I think people should be 'assessed' at least. If they were deemed 'unfit' to bring up a child then they wouldn't be told or forced not to have one but they would have to have parenting classes and further assessments. It would cost a lot so I doubt the goverment would even consider it.

Latest

Trending

Trending