The Student Room Group

Getting drivers license during uni?

hello :smile:

i'm about to start my first year of uni this september and i was thinking of getting my drivers license at some point too, i already have the provisional one (for quite a bit ngl) and i'm not really sure how that'd look

so, my question is - does anyone here has experience with getting their drivers license during uni? if so, how did you find that? were your studies affected? etc etc?

thanks for reading :smile: byebye
Original post by j3lly_f1sh
hello :smile:

i'm about to start my first year of uni this september and i was thinking of getting my drivers license at some point too, i already have the provisional one (for quite a bit ngl) and i'm not really sure how that'd look

so, my question is - does anyone here has experience with getting their drivers license during uni? if so, how did you find that? were your studies affected? etc etc?

thanks for reading :smile: byebye

Hey, I'm currently in the process of getting my drivers license (test booked for January!) I did about 5 months of lessons (1 hour a week) while at uni but struggled to get a test date that was soon so I now practise on my parents car and don't do lessons (it was getting to expensive). I think you can easily learn by doing an hour or two a week. I would recommend getting your theory test out the way as soon as possible so you can book the practical test as its a bit of a nightmare getting a practical test (at least in my experience!)
Reply 2
Original post by mancity9999
Hey, I'm currently in the process of getting my drivers license (test booked for January!) I did about 5 months of lessons (1 hour a week) while at uni but struggled to get a test date that was soon so I now practise on my parents car and don't do lessons (it was getting to expensive). I think you can easily learn by doing an hour or two a week. I would recommend getting your theory test out the way as soon as possible so you can book the practical test as its a bit of a nightmare getting a practical test (at least in my experience!)

hey, yeah i've heard it's not the easiest to schedule the practical one, i'm planning to get the theory done as soon as i can and then get on with the practical test

thanks for replying and good luck on your test in january! :smile:
Original post by j3lly_f1sh
hey, yeah i've heard it's not the easiest to schedule the practical one, i'm planning to get the theory done as soon as i can and then get on with the practical test

thanks for replying and good luck on your test in january! :smile:

thanks! hope the driving goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending