Reply 1
Anybody?
Reply 2
i lie.
and flirt if male
Reply 3
Telling extravagant lies can help your CV
Reply 4
lol nooooo it's a catch 22 situation with jobs.

You need experience to get a job.
You need a job to get experience.
Reply 5
You pretty much have to lie to get a job in retail atm, and if you're going back to school/uni in September you have no hope.
Reply 6
orionmoo
lol nooooo it's a catch 22 situation with jobs.

You need experience to get a job.
You need a job to get experience.

LOL! Exactly, how the hell are you going to gain experience if nobody is willing to give you a job.
Reply 7
sulpicia
Telling extravagant lies can help your CV

I don't think putting random employers down on the CV is going to help, won't they contact them ?
AndroidHQ
LOL! Exactly, how the hell are you going to gain experience if nobody is willing to give you a job.

Everyone else seems to manage it.
AndroidHQ
I don't think putting random employers down on the CV is going to help, won't they contact them ?

Not if said employer is a relative :awesome:
Reply 10
stewarding

i've done it the past 1.5 years at uni ,and while it is well paid and not too hard, some of the retards i've had to work alongside makes me convinced they dont care about experience, but more that you have a body they can put a coat on.

and hey if you dont like it well they always go on about stewarding being a "customer service" role which you can apply to retail :biggrin:
AndroidHQ
Hi!

Do you guys know of any places where you do not need any previous experience ? I'm mainly looking to find a job in retail, many of them require you to have worked before in a retail environment.

Any other advice would be appreciated as this my first time applying for a job.

Thanks.

I got my first job at a factory packing parcels (littlewoods/shop direct) - depending on where you live they have a quite a few factories around the country and their weekend staff are mainly first timers.

Also I'm pretty sure I just secured a job at mcds and they dont bother about experience either, go on their website and type in your postcode to look for vacancies.

Places like KFC aswell.

And the job centre plus website is really good for finding jobs I applied to a few on there.

Hope that helps! :gthumb:
Don't go for retail work, there's hardly much to go around ESPECIALLY with no previous experience and you'll just be disappointed.

If I were you I'd apply for bar work (only if you're over 18 of course), or waitressing. Either that or visit the job centre...the jobs there are probably rather mundane but in this economic climate...it's cash hey...

And once you have one job, you'll be well on your way to be getting more!

Latest

Trending

Trending