Reply 2
Aack
As this is in chat, I shall assume it's sarcastic :p:

No whats wronge with it being in chat?....:no:
Reply 3
Woooooooooooooooo! I cant wait addie!
Reply 4
MUSLIMZ LOL.

But yeah, seriously, I'm not really looking forward to it. It sucks as I'm pretty much then stuck in my house for the month as I can't really go out with my friends at all. So yeah, it's gonna see my post count shoot up faster than a [insert relevant metaphor here].

Why do people look forward to this? I mean, I must seriously be missing something. I can see the point of it, but it's not an enjoyable experience, truth be told?
Reply 5
I can't believe it's so soon!
Reply 6
so.simple

thanks for the link. Going to be long fasts this year, but dont mind as i dont really eat much during the day. Starts the same time as college as well, so it's gonna be cool
Reply 7
so.simple

Hey Z! I haven't spoken to you in ages! Any Ramadhan resolutions returning from last year lol? (like me):ninja:
Reply 8
chidona
MUSLIMZ LOL.

But yeah, seriously, I'm not really looking forward to it. It sucks as I'm pretty much then stuck in my house for the month as I can't really go out with my friends at all. So yeah, it's gonna see my post count shoot up faster than a [insert relevant metaphor here].

Why do people look forward to this? I mean, I must seriously be missing something. I can see the point of it, but it's not an enjoyable experience, truth be told?

What?! You dislike Ramadhan that much? :confused:
Reply 9
Khodu
What?! You dislike Ramadhan that much? :confused:

Well, eh. It's not so much the food + drink thing (despite the fact that I can never 'feast' because I become full after like, 1 plate of food), but more the sudden clampdown on my social life. In any scenario, why do you guys enjoy it so much? Could give me something to look forward to, so I can enjoy, rather than endure.
Reply 10
chidona
Well, eh. It's not so much the food + drink thing (despite the fact that I can never 'feast' because I become full after like, 1 plate of food), but more the sudden clampdown on my social life. In any scenario, why do you guys enjoy it so much? Could give me something to look forward to, so I can enjoy, rather than endure.

my family is pretty strict, but still, im allowed to go out and just chill. This is as long as ive prayed enough, But then again, you can never pray enough. Also, when you go namaz, iy just feels good to see how everyone is together. Our group of friends usually go to the local shop during asar and maghraib, and stock up for iftaar. We also break into a classroom in mosque, where we open our fast. so its cool :yy:
Reply 11
ameeso
my family is pretty strict, but still, im allowed to go out and just chill.

Aye, I'm not being held down in chains or anything, it's just that most social events tend to involve the consumption of food/drink. I mean, going out to dinner with friends, or even just chilling in town - chances are we'll go to Tesco and grab some junk.

namaz, iy just feels good to see how everyone is together. Our group of friends usually go to the local shop during asar and maghraib, and stock up for iftaar. We also break into a classroom in mosque, where we open our fast. so its cool :yy:

Throwin' my hands up and admitting I don't know what that word means (I don't actually speak arabic, funnily enough). I'm also the only muslim in my group of friends - any and all other muslims I know are family, and we'll usually only go for a big meet up on the last day, so I'm missing out on the community aspect of that I suppose.
Reply 12
I can relate to chidona, but I still like Ramadan!
The food is great, its for a good reason and there is a sense of unity :smile:
I don't have many Muslim friends so its a struggle when we go out but they are really understanding and some have even "fasted" with me to understand what we go through and coincidently the poor.
Reply 13
chidona
Aye, I'm not being held down in chains or anything, it's just that most social events tend to involve the consumption of food/drink. I mean, going out to dinner with friends, or even just chilling in town - chances are we'll go to Tesco and grab some junk.

Throwin' my hands up and admitting I don't know what that word means (I don't actually speak arabic, funnily enough). I'm also the only muslim in my group of friends - any and all other muslims I know are family, and we'll usually only go for a big meet up on the last day, so I'm missing out on the community aspect of that I suppose.

Namaz = prayer/salaat
Reply 14
chidona

namaz=as so simple said
Reply 15
interesting fact: the word "namaz" is of persian origin.
ah man maghreb at like 8pm :\
addie
Assalam-wa-alaikum-wa-rahmatullahi-wa-barakhatuhu!

Ramadan is due to start around the 22/23rd of August this year.

This is a thread to discuss all things Ramadan. :woo:

May this Ramadan be a source of great blessing for each and everyone of us.

Ameen!

the yellowness hurt my eyes
Reply 18
addie
Assalam-wa-alaikum-wa-rahmatullahi-wa-barakhatuhu!

Ramadan is due to start around the 22/23rd of August this year.

This is a thread to discuss all things Ramadan. :woo:

May this Ramadan be a source of great blessing for each and everyone of us.

Ameen!

:poke:

:faceplam2: Can you use a dark green rather than yellow? its hurts the eyes too much

:indiff:
Reply 19
minimo156
:poke:

:faceplam2: Can you use a dark green rather than yellow? its hurts the eyes too much

:indiff:

its is shockingly bright. then again, a female did choose the colour...

Latest