The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7200
ur uni already started?!

mine starts on octber 5th :afraid:
Reply 7201
:frown:
Do you guys think Illusionist's/Entertainer's such as Derren Brown,Criss Angel, David Blaine, Copperfield and houdini practise sihr (Black Magic) ? Like the magic real magicians use for causing harm, separating a married couple etc. With the aid of shayateen (evil Jinns)
Reply 7203
:sad:
ibs137
ur uni already started?!

Wow Ibby you're so lucky!

I start next week. :sad:

and that is such a good date to start, with eid being over and all...
Reply 7205
Liverpool F.C.™
Do you guys think Illusionist's/Entertainer's such as Derren Brown,Criss Angel, David Blaine, Copperfield and houdini practise sihr (Black Magic) ? Like the magic real magicians use for causing harm, separating a married couple etc. With the aid of shayateen (evil Jinns)

those guys do make things believable i must say. i don't know what the heck they do btw but apprently on friday derren brown will reveal things on his show
they probably do possess some sort of evil iibh!:p:

but i believe in jinns/being cursed yes:sad:
Reply 7206
Liverpool F.C.™

People like Derren Brown are Illusionists, I believe. I don't think that what he does has any sort of involvement with evil Jinn. Half of what he does isn't real, it's just.. an illusion :ninja:
Reply 7207
:goodnight:
Reply 7208
Hunnii
Salaaaam everyone!

Just got back from myy first day at unii ! It was crazzy. The line ups at the book store and to get your student card and supplies and stuff were crazzzzy. Some of the info sessions were so packed that we had to stand at the door to hear the profs! && I got lost numerous times :redface:

W/S

At least it's over :smile: Craziness is more or less over and you should start studying now :top:

I half remember why I was kinda scared of you in the early days but I can't tell you, because it is quite crude. I wasn't actually scared but I was afraid of your avatar. I don't think I will ever tell, because it's quite embarassing :blush: I'm under a strict non-swearing regime from someperson you see. She'll have my head if I swear or use any kind of crudeness again!
Reply 7209
Liverpool F.C.™

Probbaly a mixture I would say. One interview, David Blaine was completely drained. He left his sunglasses on and just grunted at each question. Some people say he was possessed then. Sihr is proper real so I truly wouldn't be suprised if people use it right in front of us on telly, with what the media shows.
Malsy
those guys do make things believable i must say. i don't know what the heck they do btw but apprently on friday derren brown will reveal things on his show
they probably do possess some sort of evil iibh!:p:

but i believe in jinns/being cursed yes:sad:

Well a muslim MUST believe that jinns exist, because god says in the Quran they are a creation of his which is unseen to man. Whoever does no believe they exist is not a muslim because you are denying what the Quran says, and as a Muslim you have to believe everything the quran says as a whole. I'm just saying this because there are some set of muslim groups which deny this.

Yes the Derren brown lottery thing, I'm going to watch that too.
Reply 7211
ibs137
ur uni already started?!

lucccccky you!
Reply 7212
does islam say anything about aliens ?
Reply 7213
xxmehzzixx
Wow Ibby you're so lucky!

I start next week. :sad:

and that is such a good date to start, with eid being over and all...

But eid won't be over next week.. will it? :confused:

I thought eid was the week after or at the end of next week.. the sunday sept. 20..?
Hunnii
Salaaaam everyone!

Just got back from myy first day at unii ! It was crazzy. The line ups at the book store and to get your student card and supplies and stuff were crazzzzy. Some of the info sessions were so packed that we had to stand at the door to hear the profs! && I got lost numerous times :redface:

:poke:

: getting lost on the first day .... what hope is there for you for the rest of the year? :no:

So what subject you doing?

And are you staying there or commuting?
Reply 7215
azzi

:iiam:

Someone I know mentioned that it does a long time ago, but I know absolutely nothing on this topic.....And where's my rep :hmmm:?
Reply 7216
humz2
W/S

At least it's over :smile: Craziness is more or less over and you should start studying now :top:

I half remember why I was kinda scared of you in the early days but I can't tell you, because it is quite crude. I wasn't actually scared but I was afraid of your avatar. I don't think I will ever tell, because it's quite embarassing :blush: I'm under a strict non-swearing regime from someperson you see. She'll have my head if I swear or use any kind of crudeness again!

I will once I get my textbooks haha.. the lineups were too long for me to buy them today, and I don't officially start classes until Thursday :biggrin:

Afraid of my avi? Just spit it out, crude or not. Don't say things like that and not tell me. It just makes me wanna know even more. So out with it, young man.

T'is okay; we all have our embarrassing moments.. your explanation will cause you to swear? Hmm, that sounds pretty intense. Are you afraid of someperson haha? She doesn't have to know :awesome: Do it on the DL :wink:
Liverpool F.C.™

:iiam:

Nah, I don't think so. Like mel0n said, the magic they do are just 'illusions'.

So many old people (who I know) believe that when something goes wrong or someone develops a illness (like depression or whatever) it's because a person has done black magic on them. :rolleyes:

Cause my older generations in my family are from India (where alot of black magic happens), they like to believe that that's the reason why bad things happen to people.

and I'm like...:confused:

But black magic does exist. It's just doesn't occur as frequently as people like to think.
azzi

Well allah does say in the Quran that there is life beside this earth, but that sort of stuff is none of our business we will gain nothing even if we do find out, and its probably not the type of aliens that we picture in the documentaries/cartoons. If there were to be such life it'll be galaxies away from ours, not on places like mars etc. And we'll never be able to get to such life, that is light years away.
Reply 7219
minimo156
:poke:

: getting lost on the first day .... what hope is there for you for the rest of the year? :no:

So what subject you doing?

And are you staying there or commuting?

:wavey:

I know.. that's what I keep telling everyone! I'm very tempted to hire a guide.. for like my whole semester.. okay maybe the first month or something, but my friends insist that I'll catch on!

Prog: health sciences. I've got human anatomy and physiology (I and II), chemistry, determinants de la sante, la sociologie, psychologie, biology, raisonnement et pensee critique, workshop in essay writing, humm and some philosophy course. so those courses split into 2 semesters.

commuting, please. :tongue:

when do you go back?

Latest