The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

London Liaisons
Rare but not unheard of, they visited my school when I was around eight, gave me a scarf which is a bit faded now but gets plenty of use.

People offering me scarfs and shiny things usually ends in high-jinks and heartbreak...I need to watch that.:s-smilie:
Nice tactics - coming all the way to London to get supporters :tongue:

I'm one to talk though, I support the other team in Liverpool and I'm from London too.
farhan
Nice tactics - coming all the way to London to get supporters :tongue:

Their very discerning don't you know.

I'm one to talk though, I support the other team in Liverpool and I'm from London too.
Could be worse, you could have been MU.
How can anyone support everton or liverpool? :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:
:hahaha: ............ I forgot to add :hahaha:
Cmon guys,let's keep this to ramadan,and not turn this into a football thread...
lol sorry.
Do the guys on here go to pray Taraweeh?
R£SP£CT
lol sorry.

You're forgiven :shifty:

:p:
someperson

I dont know about others, but i do. :yep:
someperson

I've never been, what is that?
London Liaisons

I think shes referring to boys. :p:

Taraweeh prayers are extra prayers that muslims perform during the month of Ramadhan. These prayers are performed at night time, after the Isha salah(obligatory prayer).
London Liaisons

Yeah its what R£SP£CT said...boys pray it at mosque...and girls can at home, but its not obligatory.
R£SP£CT
I dont know about others, but i do. :yep:

cool...i was just wondering because all this time i thought all boys went...but then a couple of weeks ago my cousin told me that half the muslim boys in his college have never been before...just found that weird.
someperson
Yeah its what R£SP£CT said...boys pray it at mosque...and girls can at home, but its not obligatory.

K. not heard of it before must be a different tradition.
I take it this is like the ~5th one now..?

How are you all finding it so far?
London Liaisons

Where are you from? I thought its prayed everywhere...it is in saudi...:confused:
WhereIsMyMind
I take it this is like the ~5th one now..?

How are you all finding it so far?

Hi =)...today was the 4th...its been fine for me so far...don't know if i'll feel the same in a couple of weeks though:p:
London Liaisons
I'm guessing you're Shia since you're Persian. Shias don't believe in Taraweeh so that probably explains why you don't know about it.

It's a long prayer after Isha which lasts for around 1 and a half hours and consists of 20 raka'ahs.
You guys are so lucky, you have a great excuse to feast on yummy foods but of course I know that is not what Ramadan is all about so please don't eat me. :colondollar: ( Oh god, scratch that...I don't mean eat eat):facepalm:
Reply 1418
amandeep
it is an islamic calender month in which all muslims observe fast during the daylight hours.
it is also the month the holy koran was sent down to earth.
ramadan is one of the 5 pillars of islam and is oblgatory to all muslims
it is a very special ocassions because you know all the people you meet are in the same boat as you,it brings the whole community together.
Amandeep_Psych07
You guys are so lucky, you have a great excuse to feast on yummy foods but of course I know that is not what Ramadan is all about so please don't eat me. :colondollar: ( Oh god, scratch that...I don't mean eat eat):facepalm:

lol i'll try not to:p:

Latest