The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hmm....I hated question 7 :sad:
Reply 361
PureGenius
Easy, but q1 wrong cos misread :s-smilie:

same here!! :/ i was so pissed at myself!! :eek3:
How did it go for everyone?
Is there an unofficial markscheme about anywhere please?

I felt like it was nicely challenging, not as good as M1 or M2, but it was my 3rd time lucky so I hope it's gone alright.
No real problems, had time to check over everything before the end and couldn't find any major mistakes.

Question one was cruel, adding a 2 to the front of the identity in the second half slipped by unnoticed for me for a moment before I looked and saw it!

I'm gonna move that into here so its seen by more people ok?
Reply 365
Why didn't that function have na inverse? drove me crazy...
bloody missed the last question, only saw it at the end and didnt have enough time. only other ones i couldnt do was the 3 marker maximum point of the sea wave thing and the next 6 marker when they gave you 7 as the height
Reply 367
Anon1993
any unofficial mark scheme? btw, you know for the question which asked you the range of a function or something? was that range -3 to 6?

That's what I got...
Reply 368
Smeh
Markscheme, markscheme! :fuhrer:

Mark schemeeee..
waited for midnight along with the rest of you nutters :nuts:
Reply 369
Here are my solutions.

On the face of it quite a tricky one I thought.
Narik

I said about many-one functions :s-smilie:
Reply 371
Narik

it was cos for every value of y you had, there were two values of x.

That's either called a many-one function, or a one-many function. . not sure which!
Reply 372
Well How did everyone find it?

I attach a paper together with full answers, It took some effort to get them all written down neatly and 100% correct, so thanks would be nice :biggrin:

Here are the scans, they are high quality so sorry about 20MB filesize :smile:

http://rapidshare.com/files/39939545..._2010.rar.html

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lowzo0

As for me:
I think I lost some marks on the range question, it was supposed to be g(x)>= 3 and g(x)<=6

Also, for the question with time, I have put too many answers - completely forgot about the range limits

Same thing with the supid "why there is no inverse" question, I forgot about many-one rule

But rest was okay, I think I lost at most 4-5 marks, hope that boundaries will be low, I was repeating 88UMS from last June.
Loz17
Hmm....I hated question 7 :sad:

aaah question 7!! it took me ages, and then at the end when i was checking it, i forgot to add the 0.634 before i worked out pi4t thing, and didnt have enough time to correct it :bawling:
Reply 374
timsquirrell
No real problems, had time to check over everything before the end and couldn't find any major mistakes.

Question one was cruel, adding a 2 to the front of the identity in the second half slipped by unnoticed for me for a moment before I looked and saw it!

Yes.. I only questioned it cos I got 45 degrees and it asked to round to 1 d.p
Reply 375
I thought it went really really well. Qu 7 was full of really fiddly numbers and pi and all that jazz, but thought everything else was OK.

Unofficial markscheme, anybody? Please? :biggrin:
Reply 377
kevtp
Mark schemeeee..
waited for midnight along with the rest of you nutters :nuts:

:pirate:
Thought it was a good paper.
Couldn't do the ranges question and the why wasn't it inverse (many to one apparently).
Question 7 was a bitch but I think I powered through.
...Marrrrkkkkscccchhhhheeeemmmmme.
Please :puppyeyes:
EDIT: YAY! :woo:
Reply 378
Moa
Well How did everyone find it?

I attach a paper together with full answers, It took some effort to get them all written down neatly and 100% correct, so thanks would be nice :biggrin:

Here are the scans, they are high quality so sorry about 20MB filesize :smile:

http://rapidshare.com/files/39939545..._2010.rar.html

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lowzo0

As for me:
I think I lost some marks on the range question, it was supposed to be g(x)>= 3 and g(x)<=6

Also, for the question with time, I have put too many answers - completely forgot about the range limits

Same thing with the supid "why there is no inverse" question, I forgot about many-one rule

But rest was okay, I think I lost at most 4-5 marks, hope that boundaries will be low, I was repeating 88UMS from last June.

Thanks for the answers :smile: i'm downloading them now (drumrolll). .
dunno why, but im actually shaking right now :s-smilie: eek!
Reply 379
kevtp
Yes.. I only questioned it cos I got 45 degrees and it asked to round to 1 d.p

same! it was harsh. .

Latest

Trending

Trending