The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Thanks to the both of you for your help! I guess I'll email the departments for more information then.

:woo: can't wait for October to roll around!!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
When do things like course registration happen? I'm not sure how it works in the UK, but its seems like everyone in Canada has registered for courses and whatnot so I'm just wondering if I've missed anything. I'm in Film Studies if that helps.

Also, when do we register online and get a log-in? Ive been wanting to take a look at the course modules for some of the classes but it says I need to log in, which is rather frustrating as I'd love a good idea of what I'm getting into.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Great, thanks so much!
Reply 323
Hey guys,
I saw a topic about this once, but I can't find it anywhere now!

Does Warwick provide goood facilities for all mobile phone networks?
Like, i'm thinking about going onto a new contract with Orange, are there ever any problems with service on Orange at all?

Many thanks.
TheTallOne
x

What kind of posters can you get at the poster fair? I'd really like to get some posters of a few 20th century dictators.
Reply 325
Do you get given a reading list to read over the summer?
Reply 326
andrew.P
Do you get given a reading list to read over the summer?

I've got an economics summer reading list thing from Warwick for 2010/11 if you want? PM me your email address and I'll forward it on. :smile:
Reply 327
Greg.
I've got an economics summer reading list thing from Warwick for 2010/11 if you want? PM me your email address and I'll forward it on. :smile:

Cheers Greg!

Can i just say the pic of amy pond on the far left almost makes her look pregnant... lol
Reply 328
andrew.P
Cheers Greg!

Can i just say the pic of amy pond on the far left almost makes her look pregnant... lol

Yeah, I know lol. I couldn't be bothered to redo it, so she'll just have to look pregnant :p:
Zweihander
What kind of posters can you get at the poster fair? I'd really like to get some posters of a few 20th century dictators.

Pretty generic ones: landscapes, art work, film posters, people, amusing ones/charts/lists.

I don't think I saw any dictators there. Although you could go to WarwickPrint, although I'd say that they only do posters at A1 size (£16), whereas the usual size of posters in the fair is A0 [and these posters cost £3 or something, or buy 3 get some discount].

The poster fair also does massive ones as well.
Gbach1992
Hey guys,
I saw a topic about this once, but I can't find it anywhere now!

Does Warwick provide goood facilities for all mobile phone networks?
Like, i'm thinking about going onto a new contract with Orange, are there ever any problems with service on Orange at all?

Many thanks.

T Mobile (and companies who share the network - Virgin Media/Fresh/Toucan) have good signal pretty much everywhere except inside the Copper Rooms/SU. I know some networks work well inside the Copper Rooms, just not which ones :iiam:

I also know someone who had rubbish signal with their Blackberry on O2 when indoors in Arthur Vick, except that someone else in the same location also on O2 but with a different phone still had good signal.

But I don't know much about Orange. Perhaps if others contribute then I could create a list of good/bad networks on campus.
For any Warwick Sikhs on TSR - wheres the nearest gurdwara ?
I remember people on TSR saying previously that Orange signal on campus was poor. I had just gotten myself a phone contract (yups, on Orange) and cursed quite loudly. But in Rootes it was fine. On main campus it's fine. When I changed accommodation to Tocil, it was fine.

However, in my ex's room in Tocil, Orange signal was shocking. I always thought he was making excuses but when I used my own phone there, it didn't blooming work. So like TheTallOne sort of points out with the O2 thing, it's quite a random thing (he only lived a block away from me), although in this case this consistently affected both of our phones.

Orange users definitely don't get signal in the damn Copper Rooms though! Bane of my life, trying to send a text in there.

I would strongly suggest just going with the best deal if you're looking to get a new phone, because the majority of networks work well ENOUGH throughout campus, but hardly work at all in the Copper Rooms. So even if you are lucky enough to have a phone that does work in the Copper Rooms, many of the people that you are contacting, won't.
Lady Justice
Orange users definitely don't get signal in the damn Copper Rooms though! Bane of my life, trying to send a text in there.

There must be some network that works in there. Vodafone perhaps? New iPhone might work. It has better signal. As long as you hold it in the right way.

[I haven't seen you on here for a while :holmes:
I see you got a new phone. :biggrin:]
TheTallOne
[I haven't seen you on here for a while :holmes:
I see you got a new phone. :biggrin:]

[Yes well, I got prompted into returning.

And new phone, great joke, let's all laugh at my misfortune.]

I don't know anyone on Vodaphone. Who in their right mind would be on Vodaphone?
pmann
For any Warwick Sikhs on TSR - wheres the nearest gurdwara ?

Ok so I'm not Sikh, I'm just trying to be helpful. At the minute the University of Warwick chaplaincy is only home to various Christian, Jewish and Muslim Chaplains, so no luck on campus as far as I'm aware. I know for sure there's one in Coventry, though, and I think one in Leamington.
Lady Justice
I remember people on TSR saying previously that Orange signal on campus was poor. I had just gotten myself a phone contract (yups, on Orange) and cursed quite loudly. But in Rootes it was fine. On main campus it's fine. When I changed accommodation to Tocil, it was fine.

However, in my ex's room in Tocil, Orange signal was shocking. I always thought he was making excuses but when I used my own phone there, it didn't blooming work. So like TheTallOne sort of points out with the O2 thing, it's quite a random thing (he only lived a block away from me), although in this case this consistently affected both of our phones.

I would strongly suggest just going with the best deal if you're looking to get a new phone, because the majority of networks work well ENOUGH throughout campus, but hardly work at all in the Copper Rooms. So even if you are lucky enough to have a phone that does work in the Copper Rooms, many of the people that you are contacting, won't.

do you know which company in this list has a better deal for both contract and pay-as-you-go?02,3,vodaphone,orange,
t-mobile,tesco and virgin........
hey guys,i read that there's three banks on campus,ie, HSBC, Barclays and Natwest.But according to the guide for international students 2010,the 3 banks are barclays,natwest and santander.does anyone know which of the 3 banks exactly?and if you could provide the specific location of these banks on campus,that would be extremely helpfull!!!ps-maybe the location of atm machines also?
Reply 338
Phone contracts - look on their websites.

Banks - Barclays, NatWest and Santander are on campus, all next to each other in the SU building. The ATMs are in the same area. They also have ATMs in Cannon Park (where Tesco is) and obviously plenty in Coventry and Leamington.
Reply 339
Just went back on Orange like two weeks ago :/ 2 year contract dammit lol

Quick Reply

Latest