The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8340
Original post by Sarr
Selwyn for English here, what about you? :smile:

Economics :biggrin:
Hello,

I am currently completing the SAQ form for 2013 entry. I am not sure what to answer for question 5.1: "If you have taken GCSEs at a UK school please enter its name and postcode."
I am a Scottish student and have taken Standard Grades and Intermediate 2s (Scottish equivalent to GCSEs) at a UK school. The instructions state that the section should be left blank if I have not taken GCSEs. As I have not taken GCSEs but a Scottish equivalent, should I complete this section or leave it blank?
Original post by ss06
Hello,

I am currently completing the SAQ form for 2013 entry. I am not sure what to answer for question 5.1: "If you have taken GCSEs at a UK school please enter its name and postcode."
I am a Scottish student and have taken Standard Grades and Intermediate 2s (Scottish equivalent to GCSEs) at a UK school. The instructions state that the section should be left blank if I have not taken GCSEs. As I have not taken GCSEs but a Scottish equivalent, should I complete this section or leave it blank?

Leave it blank. It is to determine whether your school may have been a bad school so your GCSEs might need to be taken into context. However AKAIK this is not done for SGs.

If anyone is interested it is procedure Section 1.4.3: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/section1/1_4.html#3
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8343
Anyone applying for Economics &/ (at) Homerton here? :smile:
Original post by ss06
Hello,

You kind of answered your own question..?
I don't see what they are going to gleam from "Calculus" in the topic section of maths.
It has been twelve days since I sent my UCAS form into my school, I believe that someday it might be sent off as it would be quite nice to have an SAQ to fill in and moan about.

Basing my judgement on last year, I could be waiting until monday :woo:
Original post by bananarama2
I don't see what they are going to gleam from "Calculus" in the topic section of maths.

perhaps split it into differentiation and integration subsections?

Gah, I really need to submit my application.
Original post by ben-smith
perhaps split it into differentiation and integration subsections?

Gah, I really need to submit my application.

I have for FP3 but I think I'll leave it for C1 and C2 as I'm comfortable with integration from C1-C4. You are reapplying this year then?
Original post by wrexhamfc
The SAQ feels like it'll be tougher than the bloody interview...

If only.
Is anyone else having reccurring dreams (or nightmares?) about the Interview? :s-smilie:
What are you suppose to do if the unit title is longer than the character limit in the SAQ?
Reply 8352
On the SAQ, I left the career plans and difficulties with teaching section blank, without confirming a no answer, this should be okay right?

And is it okay that I didn't write anything special for the keeping up with interest section? Most of it's in my personal statement.
Original post by silentlife
What are you suppose to do if the unit title is longer than the character limit in the SAQ?

I had to summarise or skip a bit out:
my unit 4 psych didnt' fit: Psychopathology, Psychology in Action and Research Methods
So I summarised it to Psychopathology, Applied and Research.

Maybe you can do something similar?
Original post by Jackkkkk
I had to summarise or skip a bit out:
my unit 4 psych didnt' fit: Psychopathology, Psychology in Action and Research Methods
So I summarised it to Psychopathology, Applied and Research.

Maybe you can do something similar?

Thanks. :smile:

I'll try too...

Edit: I'm struggling to put in the SAQ unit 5 of AQA Physics A. Please can someone give a suggestion. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Silverland
Is anyone else having reccurring dreams (or nightmares?) about the Interview? :s-smilie:

I think everyone worries about them to some extent, so it's perfectly natural...try to view them as something to look forward to...if you're relaxed they can actually be quite fun :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Silverland

:laugh: If you aren't having them now, you'll definitely have them the period leading up to the decision letter.
Is Further Mathematics supposed to be listed as a separate qualification in Section 5 (Education - 5.6)? I know it's not in S6 (Qualifications), but there's no mention of this in S5.
Original post by bananarama2
I have for FP3 but I think I'll leave it for C1 and C2 as I'm comfortable with integration from C1-C4. You are reapplying this year then?

yeah, I am :frown:
Original post by wrexhamfc
Is Further Mathematics supposed to be listed as a separate qualification in Section 5 (Education - 5.6)? I know it's not in S6 (Qualifications), but there's no mention of this in S5.

You're not meant to list it... (they'll know from elsewhere that you're doing it)

Latest

Trending

Trending