The Student Room Group

7 subjects in IB? Is language b difficult?

Hi! I`m going to take an IB next year and the problem is uni I want to attend. It wants me to take 3 sciences and therefore i will need to either have an irregular diploma or take 7 subjects. My school wants me to drop my social science. I will need to do german B but i think I`ve almost forgotten it and I did not do GCSE German.

MY QUESTIONS ARE:

How much free time do IB students have? Is IB diploma really THAT hard? Is language B hard to get 7 in (especially German)? Do you know somebody who is taking 7 IBs and is it manageable?

Some information about me:

My choices so far:
English A lang and lit SL
German B SL
Physics HL
Chemistry HL
Biology HL
Math SL
I am not sure about taking Economics SL as a seventh subject.

I am expected to get A* in my Bio, Chem, Phys, Art exams and A in math

Thank you for your help!
Hi, LinaV, welcome to TSR!

As an A-Level student, I'm led to believe that you're basically doing the equivalent of 3 A-Levels, as well as 3 AS-Levels, and of course all the ToK/EE/CAS stuff. I certainly wouldn't recommend doing a 7th subject on top of everything else you're going to be doing. Could you not do Maths instead of Physics at HL? Are you applying for medicine? If so, I understand that most unis that ask for three sciences will consider Maths as a science. Good luck, anyway, you'll need it. I can't imagine the workload you're going to be facing...
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending