The Student Room Group

Medlink 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Are they ok with you leaving campus?
Because i wanna check out some of the bars and clubs in nottingham.
What time do lectures usually finish?

and what is the accommodation like?
Original post by Knomey
Anyone else going to Medlink II?

Me! (:
Original post by zackhere4

Lol typical medlinker.

Yeah they don't care what you do. There's no one to stop you doing anything.
No one gives a crap what you do at the halls. We just stayed up really late, checked out the campus and visited other halls. Make sure you don't fall asleep the next day during lectures though, one of my mates got chucked out.
Reply 64
Well i was reading through successful personal statements, and well Medlink is given some credit.
Reply 65
Original post by tasniaa
Well i was reading through successful personal statements, and well Medlink is given some credit.
It isn't. People get in despite Medlink, not because of it.
Reply 66
Original post by zackhere4

once they got your cheque they are too busy laughing all the way to the bank to care about you.
Reply 67
Original post by tasniaa

how did you deduce that its given some credit?

tbh, i know you didnt.
Reply 68
Original post by Renal
It isn't. People get in despite Medlink, not because of it.

Stupid as it is, I'm completing the Nottingham Questionaire at the moment, and it asks twice if you attended medlink and medsim, then again it does also ask whether 'Is Religion an important part of your life'? So I don't know how it's used?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by Organ
Stupid as it is, I'm completing the Nottingham Questionaire at the moment, and it asks twice if you attended medlink and medsim, then again it does also ask whether 'Is Religion an important part of your life'?

you'll find that you've misquoted the questionnaire, to the effect that your quote doesnt have a point.
Reply 70
Original post by Gizmo!
you'll find that you've misquoted the questionnaire, to the effect that your quote doesnt have a point.

Not really. Direct Quotes.

Which of the following statements applies to you?
Religion is an important part of my life
I have attended a medical career conference

Insight into a career in medicine
Attending a pre-medical course (e.g. Medlink)

I don't know how this questionaire is marked - or actually whether selecting any of the above will have any, a positive, or negative effect on the application. I also don't endorse medlink :tongue: Nor did I go on it, I have no idea how people manage to afford it.
Reply 71
Original post by Organ
Not really. Direct Quotes.

Which of the following statements applies to you?
Religion is an important part of my life
I have attended a medical career conference

Insight into a career in medicine
Attending a pre-medical course (e.g. Medlink)

to clarify, it asks if you have attended any pre-med course, of which there are many.
it doesnt ask if you attended just medscam/link. perhaps its part of their business deal with medsim to mention it in several formats, i dont know.

nevertheless there is a feint insinuation here that nottingham may favour medsim candidates, but i really dont think its worded in a way to directly suggest it.

I don't know how this questionaire is marked - or actually whether selecting any of the above will have any, a positive, or negative effect on the application. I also don't endorse medlink :tongue: Nor did I go on it, I have no idea how people manage to afford it.
i ope you get in. so many medsimmers here that you wonder how they will cope on the tight budget of a hospital work environment if they need to spend twenty times more than everyone else to be successful. they dont get that luxury with every patient the treat.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm going 2nd week :smile: I'm seeing friends from my old school there too so should be cool.
Reply 73
Original post by tasniaa
Hey,

I've booked Medlink for December 2010, and was wondering if anyone on TSR are going? Just want to meet new people really. Also if there's anyone who has previously taken part in this course could give any advice or a brief of what it's like etc?

Thank you :smile:

Are you going on the 12th to 15th because I am going then and know nobody there :frown:
Original post by tasniaa
I'm going on the second one.
15-18th :smile:

Ahh me too (:
Which groups are you in? And hall of residence?
Good idea posting on here. I don't know anyone going :P
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by carolineflack
Ahh me too (:
Which groups are you in? And hall of residence?
Good idea posting on here. I don't know anyone going :P

Blue (2) Alpha
and i'm staying in: Lenton & Wortley Hall :smile:
I know a few people, but it's always nice to meet people before hand.
What about you?
Original post by tasniaa
Blue (2) Alpha
and i'm staying in: Lenton & Wortley Hall :smile:
I know a few people, but it's always nice to meet people before hand.
What about you?

I'm Blue (3) Alpha staying in Florence Boot Hall :smile:
Original post by rsheridan

Are you going on the 12th to 15th because I am going then and know nobody there :frown:

i am ;D
Reply 78

I'm going 12th-15th! What the hell? Our head of sixth form made it out to be CRUCIAL and a chance that couldn't be missed! So looking forward to it now :s-smilie:
Reply 79
Our College has offered Medlink to us, for only £50 .. they pay the rest. do you reckon its worth going? Also is it true that there's limited places..or does everyone get in..?
:smile: My Gcse grades are not as high as others..2A's.3B's..5C's.. and so i worry im not gonna get in.. o_O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending