The Student Room Group

How to get from St Pancras Intl station to Baker St station via the tube?

First time I am going to London alone & I am meeting some friends at Baker St station. Can anyone tell me how to get there from St Pancras Intl station via the tube? And where to get off and switch lines etc? Rep for anyone kind enough to help me :smile:
Hammersmith or Circle line. No changes.
Reply 2
Don't worry, the tube seems hard to understand at first, but it's actually really easy. Every line has an eastbound track and a westbound track, and different lines meet at different station.

Off the top of my,, I think it would be the Picadilly line (Westbound) to Oxford Circus, then the Bakerloo Line (Westbound, or it might say Northbound) to Baker Street
Original post by tufc
Don't worry, the tube seems hard to understand at first, but it's actually really easy. Every line has an eastbound track and a westbound track, and different lines meet at different station.

Off the top of my,, I think it would be the Picadilly line (Westbound) to Oxford Circus, then the Bakerloo Line (Westbound, or it might say Northbound) to Baker Street

OP definitely take this advice :rofl2:
Original post by Kaloo

Original post by Kaloo
http://images.intolondon.com/images/intolondon/transport-maps/london-underground-tube-map.gif

Go to Baker Street Station. You can get the Circle or Hammersmith and City line (Eastbound/Clockwise) straight there (these two lines run on the same track at this station), or get the Metropolitan line towards Aldgate. I'd recommend the first two lines because they come much more frequently. When you're at Kings Cross St Pancras Int Station, follow the signs to the station (remembering that Kings Cross consists of three stations, so make sure you follow the right signs!)

This, but in the opposite direction.
Reply 5
Or just use the journey planner to do the work for you...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/2625.aspx
Reply 6
Original post by kiwietnana
First time I am going to London alone & I am meeting some friends at Baker St station. Can anyone tell me how to get there from St Pancras Intl station via the tube? And where to get off and switch lines etc? Rep for anyone kind enough to help me :smile:

Go out of St Pancras and cross over the road to Kings Cross underground station. Then you can get the Met line or circle line (either a Hammersmith train or one terminating at Edgware Road) directly to Baker Street (going Wesbound)
Baker Street is one of the easiest places to reach from St Pancras. 3 or 4 stops on a single (westbound) line or a number of buses that take 15 minutes tops
Original post by tufc

Don't do this OP :nah: Listen to Colbert. You can reach the Hammersmith and City line through St Pancras itself. You just walk straight ahead through to the end of the station as opposed to turning left and going to Kings Cross.

Keep it simplez
Reply 9
Original post by Colbert
Hammersmith or Circle line. No changes.

hate the circle/hammersmith & city lines. they go really slow, and take ages to come
Reply 10
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
Don't do this OP :nah: Listen to Colbert. You can reach the Hammersmith and City line through St Pancras itself. You just walk straight ahead through to the end of the station as opposed to turning left and going to Kings Cross.

Keep it simplez

the deep line trains are much faster. cut and cover lines take FOREVER
You could just walk down Euston Road really.
Original post by tufc
hate the circle/hammersmith & city lines. they go really slow, and take ages to come

It'll take even longer if you get the Picadilly line and try to get off at Oxford Cricus as you suggested above :mmm:
Reply 13
Original post by Colbert
It'll take even longer if you get the Picadilly line and try to get off at Oxford Cricus as you suggested above :mmm:

im not so sure. for a cut and cover line train you're often waiting 7 or 8 minutes, and they go slower and stop for longer at stations. deep line trains, there's one every 2 minutes during the day pretty much, they go faster and literally stop at stations for about 15-20 seconds

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending