The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Original post by rach8 :)
Ah good :smile: I have applied for biology at Hatfield.

Combined Honours in Arts at St. Chad's; good luck! My application has not moved out of department yet but there has been a delay because of a question about my fee status.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1341
i received an offer today for geography. my offer was 37 points for IB.. SO EXCITED :biggrin:
Original post by skypig97
Combined Honours in Arts at St. Chad's; good luck! My application has not moved out of department yet but there has been a delay because of a question about my fee status.

Good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by potatonater
still no college and it was around one month and a week - u a geog applicant too?

Yeah, thankyou that makes me feel a little better mine hasn't even been gone a month... Where else are you applying ? x
Original post by kdally1
i received an offer today for geography. my offer was 37 points for IB.. SO EXCITED :biggrin:

congratulations.

I am also applying for Geog, Im applying for BA.... u?

I sent mine off just over 4 weeks ago and have not heard a bean....... :sad:
Original post by gusekeew
Ohh I see. Well I applied early because I am also applying to Oxford PPE. I didnt choose a college when I applied Durham and I kinda regret it :frown: Oh well cant change anything now!

I got an offer from St.Chads.are you still waiting for an offer from Durham? Have you heard anything about St.Chads?

I've got an offer from Durham but still waiting to hear what college! How long did it take them to tell you?

St Chad's sounds good, I'd be very happy to get in there. Very academic, Bailey but friendly, as far as I've heard.
Reply 1346
Original post by kebabmonk
congratulations.

wow so many geography applicants! high fives
It's been 2 weeks since I received my acknowledgement email and AES still says this:
•Your application has been received by the University
•Your application has not yet been received by the Department

Is this "normal"? Thanks :smile:

(Sorry if this has been answered already.)
Reply 1348
Original post by Interpretation
It's been 2 weeks since I received my acknowledgement email and AES still says this:

I don't know... maybe it depends on the course?
I sent my application (English Literature) on Tuesday (I think), received an acknowledgement on Wednesday and my AES already says:
* Your application has been received by the Department
* Your application has not yet been received by a College

Yeah it's normal.
Reply 1350
Original post by kebabmonk
congratulations.

i am also applying for BA.. good luck :smile:
Original post by doleful
I don't know... maybe it depends on the course?
I sent my application (English Literature) on Tuesday (I think), received an acknowledgement on Wednesday and my AES already says:
* Your application has been received by the Department
* Your application has not yet been received by a College

Original post by Antifazian
Yeah it's normal.

Okay, thanks. I shall be patient then. :smile:
Original post by adam0311

Original post by adam0311
Oh nice!

Atlanta. The '96 olympics were held here and it's where coca cola is headquartered. But that's about all we're known for.

Sounds fabulous if you ask me... what more could you want from a state? Have you been offered a place at Castle fo sho?
Reply 1353
Okay, thanks. I shall be patient then. :smile:

Yeah mine took a while to be received by the department as well
Gotta love the geography applicants! Woop.....

I hope i hear soon :sad:
Original post by eelizabeth
Yeah, thankyou that makes me feel a little better mine hasn't even been gone a month... Where else are you applying ? x

Aberystwyth, St Andrews and Cambridge for geog - and UCL for Icelandic

what about you? and are you post a level applicant or ?
Original post by darkestskies
Awwww, thank you! It's the wait that's so damn frustrating, especially considering that they seem to be quite speedy (so far) this year. :redface: I am muttering 'no news is good news' repeatedly to myself, hahaha. :tongue: Tbh they're probably looking at my application and going 'Ewwwww, she wants to take a gap year', which doesn't bode particularly well for me. Haha! :rolleyes:

And I'll extend congratulations towards you, because there's pretty much no way you won't get an offer now! :biggrin:

They will probably take more time with yours because of that though, you are right :smile: Oh poor you, tuition fee rise!!! I couldn't believe my 'AES' when it changed to 'In college'... Silly Durham, I thought I was safe till January.... Now I just want to know which college my application is dwelling in :P
Original post by potatonater
I applied post a level so ive got an uncoditional and i applied to Hatfield - i think ...
But i still havent had any conforimation of what college yet so who knows :/
im guessing ur a geog person too?

ahh I see, well if your application has been sent to the college you're pretty much in!
I am indeed, will just have to keep my fingers crossed :smile:
Got my letter from university college today! So happy to have got a space there...now I just have to worry about making my offer >.<
Original post by Ceecee
Just got an offer for Biology :smile: just waiting to be allocated a college

Sorry to be nosey but did AES update to 'sent to a college' before UCAS gave you the offer? My AES says 'your application has been recieved by a college. A decision has not yet been made, see UCAS for further details.' But UCAS hasn't updated!
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get offered/rejected after AES says 'recieved by college'?
Thanks!

And congratulations on your offer!! :smile: x

Latest