The Student Room Group

what is wrong with me? have no reall mates :(

hey I don't really get on with many people in real life :s-smilie: i don't know why. I mean I am really good at meeting people and making friends but then i kind of strugle to keep my friends and become close mates so eventually i lose them :s-smilie:
I have even lost my best friend :s-smilie: right now i have n o friend but there is this girl at my work we are getting on well, i just don't know how to make sure that she won't kind of back off and stop talking to me..btw im a female!
I think the problem is that i don't text or fb a lot but im not sure :s-smilie: please gimme some advice im goig to uni in sept and need to improve,
I always find something negative about someone and dislike them,,what is wrong with me...I hate being lyk this..Im quite popular at school but have no reall friends
I'm the same! You're not alone! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 2
why do you want friends:?
Reply 3
Friends are overrated. Get a dog.
Reply 4
Same here, no one believes me when I say I can see them.
I guess you're not the only one. I have the exact same problem as you =)
I hope that when I go to university I'm going to meet a lot more people, different from all the ones I know now and that it'll be easier to make friends
Reply 6
yeah, I'm the same... (but even more so maybe?) I think a lot of people are like that really, you just don't notice them because the loud people stand out. I find the only thing to do is just talk to people, not to worry too much about 'making yourself sound silly'.

I find Facebook does help, a bit. And I'm counting on going to uni as an opportunity to improve my social ineptitude, not a worry! I know it's hard, but, try and look on the bright side.
:smile:
I think that what it all comes down to is an insecurity problem. If you're a self-critic person, it's harder to make friends, because you worry too much about how you're going to appear/sound/act
Original post by GerlandoSavio
I think that what it all comes down to is an insecurity problem. If you're a self-critic person, it's harder to make friends, because you worry too much about how you're going to appear/sound/act

i agree :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Accalia
Friends are overrated. Get a dog.

This. At least you can have sex with a dog. You can't have friendship and sex with a friend.
Reply 10
if u dislike something about somone keep it to ur self and try to overlook it by focusing on good things about them.
Reply 11
Original post by Broderss
This. At least you can have sex with a dog. You can't have friendship and sex with a friend.

Have you ever had sex with a dog? I hope not....
tbh i'm the same - As soon as I feel lack of chemistry I stop talking to them which kinda makes me distant :/
Cant believe there are so many others with the same prob. i also have no friends though my situation is slightly diff. I live in a religious community and my fam is religious but im not so the ppl i grew up with are trying 2 save my soul and i cant seem 2 make friends with anyone else. Im also going 2 uni next year and hope that the change in environment will help me 2 make friends but 4 the meantime its just me and my laptop.
anyway friends are not the only things in life, a dog is a good idea.
I'm the same- I have no friends and don't have anyone to talk to either. friendships are superficial.
(edited 13 years ago)
Maybe all you people saying you have no friends should all be friends with each other! :grouphugs:
You are who you are. If you don't accept this then you'll never be happy.
Reply 17
I think most friendships are superficial in some way or another anyway, I've heard girls bitch about their so called " best friends" and then act all pally with them when they are around, it's soo annoying and is probably why I specifically don't have a close group of friends right now, so I'm just looking ahead to uni, you should too it helps! :smile:
Original post by mowsala
yeah, I'm the same... (but even more so maybe?) I think a lot of people are like that really, you just don't notice them because the loud people stand out. I find the only thing to do is just talk to people, not to worry too much about 'making yourself sound silly'.

I find Facebook does help, a bit. And I'm counting on going to uni as an opportunity to improve my social ineptitude, not a worry! I know it's hard, but, try and look on the bright side.
:smile:

I agree- a lot of people are a bit like that but we dont really notice it with other people and the loud ones do stand out more. I find im a bit like that too. Hopefully uni will help you make more friends.
Reply 19
Going to uni definately helps. It helped me. You meet a wider range of people, so you will fing someone similar to you who you can get along with. If you relax and don't try to hard then you can make friends more easily.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending