The Student Room Group

Is it fair for my gf to do this?

Is it okay for my gf to speak to her ex? (Hear me out)

So me and my ex have been together for about 3 years. Don’t get me wrong the first year or so of our relationship wassnt amazing. But we got through it and know we are all good. About a year ago, I found out that she was ‘cheating on me’ with her ex. They’d been messaging secretly behind my back for about a month. He was aware that I was with her. They were going to meet and ‘****’ but she claimed that at the last minute she couldn’t go through with it. We broke up but eventually worked it out, but it was agreed that she would never speak to him again, and would remove him in everything. Fast foward to now and her mate has bumped into her ex in town. Her ex said things to my girlfriends mate which according to my girlfriend ‘it was just really nice things nothing deep’ she then said if she bumped into him on a night out she would have a conversation with him and she wants to be civil. Is this okay? Should she even have the option to be civil after what she done or am I being a **** head?

I’d like to add aswell that her ex does not like me, and has been rude about me in the past for no reason, and she knows this.
I am trying to activate my personal messaging as I am new here, so I will answer this for you.

Drop her. Plain and simple.
It's a bit tricky because ultimately it's still a bit weird to try and control who she can meet and message, but at the same time she's shown she's untrustworthy as hell as she was basically about to cheat on you. If I were you I would have dumped her at that stage as I don't think I'd be able to trust her after that and wouldn't want to spend the whole relationship being paranoid that she's doing it again.
Reply 3
Modern problems 🤣🤣🥱

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending