The Student Room Group

Hours needed to be a full time student at 6th Form

Hello :smile:
I'm in year 13 at a 6th form in london, and i only took 3 subjects in year 12 (Music, Music Technology, ICT), not allowing me to drop a subject in year 13. I am absolutely fed up with ICT and i actually hate it. After arguing with one of my ICT teachers, im seriously considering dropping the subject if they allow me too, as i hate it with a passion and its putting my other lessons at risk, as i want to be a musician and the course im taking with ICT is basically business studies. And did i mention? i hate it.

My only concern about suggesting this to my head of year 13, is that i wont do enough hours to be considered as a full time student, and they wont get the funding and i wont get my free travel as i live a distance from my college.

So i was wondering if anyone knows how many hours are needed to be considered as a full time student?

:smile:

Lottie x
Reply 1
Original post by LittleLottie
I'm in year 13 at a 6th form in london, and i only took 3 subjects in year 12 (Music, Music Technology, ICT), not allowing me to drop a subject in year 13. I am absolutely fed up with ICT and i actually hate it. After arguing with one of my ICT teachers, im seriously considering dropping the subject if they allow me too, as i hate it with a passion and its putting my other lessons at risk, as i want to be a musician and the course im taking with ICT is basically business studies. And did i mention? i hate it.

My only concern about suggesting this to my head of year 13, is that i wont do enough hours to be considered as a full time student, and they wont get the funding and i wont get my free travel as i live a distance from my college.

So i was wondering if anyone knows how many hours are needed to be considered as a full time student?

Lottie x

It's 12 hours a week of guided learning aka lesson time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by LittleLottie

Lottie x

I don't understand, I thought the school gets funding for each A-level you do, right? (so surely even if you do only two subjects, they would still get two subjects' worth of funding)

Also, can't you pick up another A-level so you would still have three subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending