The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Antifazian
Working half a year in the UK, half in Australia, but of course will find the time to chunder everywhere occasionally.

Where in Australia?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by adam0311
Where in Australia?

Starting in Brisbane but plan to travel around as much as funds allow.
Starting in Brisbane but plan to travel around as much as funds allow.

That'll be awesome! A job already lined up?
Original post by adam0311
That'll be awesome! A job already lined up?

Hope so :biggrin: Yeah it's all organised through a company, farm work, horse ranches that kind of thing.
Got an conditional from durham for sport on typical grades ABB =) sent it off on the 1st of november got back to me on the 12th =)

Got AS grades of AABC, took on AAC to A2, hhhmmmm hopefully i can push that C up im sure i can like =) and i have pretty poor GCSE results..... Like B's and C's.... i feel like im standing amogst elites :colondollar:

Got a college offer from collingwood aswell =)
Original post by Finchux
SNAP!

I am sorry, I hate to ask but when did you send it off ? and also what were your grades like if you dont mind me asking ? Mines been gone 6 weeks and I am panicing xx
Applied for History and English probably around the 24th of November..had no reply yet, kinda worried as it's one of my last I'm waiting to hear back from! I have an A2 A* and got AAC in my other AS subjects. Anyone else heard back for the same subjects? Sorry if you've already said, I didn't want to plow through pages and pages!
Original post by MelissaJayne
Applied for History and English probably around the 24th of November..had no reply yet, kinda worried as it's one of my last I'm waiting to hear back from! I have an A2 A* and got AAC in my other AS subjects. Anyone else heard back for the same subjects? Sorry if you've already said, I didn't want to plow through pages and pages!

History n English departments take ages
Original post by Ultimate1
Nope. And I haven't heard of anyone's AES change to a college yet for maths either :frown:

Earlier today my AES changed to:

Your application has been received by a College
A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

I've applied for G103 (Mmath)
Reply 1509
Original post by redpanda41
When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

I applied 27th September!
Original post by *buried-in-books*
I applied to Chads too! I havent actually visited the colleges (like, been inside or anthing) but I loved the Chads JCR website, and I like that its small and cosy :smile:
Thats so weird that we applied to the same! Maybe we'll see each other there (fingers crossed for a Chads offer for us both)

haha *high five!* I went to visit it back in June/July sometime, it really is small and cosy :smile: hopefully we'll both get in there! My AES has changed now so that it says "A decision has been made, please check UCAS for further details." I just wanna know nowww, I can't wait for a letter to come in the post! My post is all crazy anyway because of the snow :frown:
Anywho, make sure you tell me when you get any confirmation! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Hope so :biggrin: Yeah it's all organised through a company, farm work, horse ranches that kind of thing.

That sounds really awesome... I really want to do some travelling around Aus during my holidays and was wandering what company you were using? and how much it costs?:smile:
Original post by jonnyboy1993

A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

Well done! Congratz!

But then again your academics are unmatched. :wink:
Original post by Limeey
Thanks, nice one on the HE Diploma. Yes Durham will be my first choice I think, for one reason or another I've yet to send application off yet :rolleyes: but that'll be done within next few days so hopefully will see you there :biggrin: What college are you at?

Fingers crossed for you :biggrin: I chose Trevelyan but I won't find out whether I've been allocated a place with them for a few weeks. Have you chosen one yet?
Anybody got any Classics offers yet??

Congratulations! I really hope this happens for me soon :biggrin:
Original post by xxcloseyoureyesxx
Anybody got any Classics offers yet??

yes, but it seems only to the post A-level classicists so far. good luck on your application :biggrin:

OrdoAbChao
Original post by SergioMZ
Unsuccessful for International Relations.

Curiously, I thought I was going to take it much worse. I'm oddly relieved.
Good luck all. :biggrin:

Sorry to hear that. I got rejected for Politics so same thing really..I had one evening of being heartbroken and then just sort of got over it. Nothing we can do. Maybe see you at York!
Offer for Bsc Geography - AAA :biggrin: Nothing from college as yet.

Wow, congrats.

Can I ask did they email you for info on UMS beforehand?

Latest