The Student Room Group

"You are more dependent on community forums

—such as this— than you think. The inevitable, and inescapable fact that we're all alone in these fanciful worlds in which we personally construct—where our most private covets aren't barred by any kind of boundaries—has since time immemorial been the de facto root of our insignificant complex; our reason for the fecund creations, and recreations, of ourselves, our ideal life, and our beliefs. This ambitious urge to have others share our homespun contrivances'—for an ideal life— become ever more so real with the readily available out-let of the internet. The mere thought of others sharing our views would galvanize even the most dullest of individuals to tirelessly toil in the pursuit to realize this artistic identity. The sheer anonymous existence—presumed safety, and privacy—is conducive to allowing us the ability to publish our enthusiasm in a gradual sharing of our personal lives with others—whom we self-evidently consider 'most like us'—in order to get the admiration that stimulates, and encourages even more participation. The participation ultimately comes to a gradual end with the shift in culture— steadily deviating from what used to be a conveniently suitable venue for many to interact with, now threaten by the intruding influx of more lonely folk— mirror images of ourselves. God—our biggest mirror image—only you can save us now." —unknown: Anarcho-utopia
Reply 1
Like Nietzsche said: "Give me another mask!"
Reply 3
Original post by Martyn*

what's wrong with the one you got on now.
Reply 4
Original post by vilongo
what's wrong with the one you got on now.

It's in the wrong time. Fast forward another 40-60 years and it will fit-in just perfect.
Reply 5
Original post by Martyn*

Good quote.

Someone was recently saying that they have "no idea how many layers to my onion there were"

We are all multi layered and multi hidden
Original post by vilongo
—such as this— than you think. The inevitable, and inescapable fact that we're all alone in these fanciful worlds in which we personally construct—where our most private covets aren't barred by any kind of boundaries—has since time immemorial been the de facto root of our insignificant complex; our reason for the fecund creations, and recreations, of ourselves, our ideal life, and our beliefs. This ambitious urge to have others share our homespun contrivances'—for an ideal life— become ever more so real with the readily available out-let of the internet. The mere thought of others sharing our views would galvanize even the most dullest of individuals to tirelessly toil in the pursuit to realize this artistic identity. The sheer anonymous existence—presumed safety, and privacy—is conducive to allowing us the ability to publish our enthusiasm in a gradual sharing of our personal lives with others—whom we self-evidently consider 'most like us'—in order to get the admiration that stimulates, and encourages even more participation. The participation ultimately comes to a gradual end with the shift in culture— steadily deviating from what used to be a conveniently suitable venue for many to interact with, now threaten by the intruding influx of more lonely folk— mirror images of ourselves. God—our biggest mirror image—only you can save us now." —unknown: Anarcho-utopia

Indeed, most of our desires are kept secret to the world due to the hierarchical and authoritarian nature of capitalism.

These secret anonymous forums allow people to express their desires without exposing themselves to prejudice and live a reality that is impossible in present day society. We cannot live our dreams as we are held back by finances. We cannot consume drugs as the state does not allow it. We cannot be open about our sexuality as society frowns upon it.

What's more is that excessive egoism and altruism as conveyed to us by the media do not permit us to form our own concepts of what is right and what is moral. The delusion is that both moral ideologies are opposites but the line is not so fine: they are merely reflections upon one another. We no longer question moral beliefs as a society, just like we no longer question authority: it is frowned upon to do so.

What's more is that co-operation has been dulled and weakened by competition. This in turn alienates us from forming proper social relationships with each other and man, deep down being the social creature that he is, becomes saddened and tormented by his alienation from society. Thus we turn to community dependent forums such as this.

In fact, community dependent forums such as this are the perfect example of anarchy functioning within society. We have voluntary organisations of citizens all voluntarily submitting their thoughts and ideas via the internet without the notion of achieving any form of tangible profit. The only profit is a sense of joy from expressing their creativity and a sense of enlightened self-interest from helping other members of the community via exchange of ideas. It is through this mutual interest that members of the community all joined by the internet may help each other help themselves by engaging in highly enriched and self-motivating activites. This is precisely the way in which society can and should function.

OP have you checked out the "Ask An Anarchist Thread" in Political Theory? It is worth your while.
Reply 7
Original post by AnarchistNutter
Indeed, most of our desires are kept secret to the world due to the hierarchical and authoritarian nature of capitalism.

These secret anonymous forums allow people to express their desires without exposing themselves to prejudice and live a reality that is impossible in present day society. We cannot live our dreams as we are held back by finances. We cannot consume drugs as the state does not allow it. We cannot be open about our sexuality as society frowns upon it.

What's more is that excessive egoism and altruism as conveyed to us by the media do not permit us to form our own concepts of what is right and what is moral. The delusion is that both moral ideologies are opposites but the line is not so fine: they are merely reflections upon one another. We no longer question moral beliefs as a society, just like we no longer question authority: it is frowned upon to do so.

What's more is that co-operation has been dulled and weakened by competition. This in turn alienates us from forming proper social relationships with each other and man, deep down being the social creature that he is, becomes saddened and tormented by his alienation from society. Thus we turn to community dependent forums such as this.

In fact, community dependent forums such as this are the perfect example of anarchy functioning within society. We have voluntary organisations of citizens all voluntarily submitting their thoughts and ideas via the internet without the notion of achieving any form of tangible profit. The only profit is a sense of joy from expressing their creativity and a sense of enlightened self-interest from helping other members of the community via exchange of ideas. It is through this mutual interest that members of the community all joined by the internet may help each other help themselves by engaging in highly enriched and self-motivating activites. This is precisely the way in which society can and should function.

OP have you checked out the "Ask An Anarchist Thread" in Political Theory? It is worth your while.

You're preaching to the chorus; however, I would put into question who,in fact, gets to decide what's considered morale or immoral. I believe that the only way to achieve a solid collective majority is through individuality: one must firstly understand their raw mammalian nature before one can understand another's. I believe need is the provoker of intent, and thereof reason.
Nope, I'll check it out though, thanks comrade.
Original post by vilongo
You're preaching to the chorus; however, I would put into question who,in fact, gets to decide what's considered morale or immoral. I believe that the only way to achieve a solid collective majority is through individuality: one must firstly understand their raw mammalian nature before one can understand another's. I believe need is the provoker of intent, and thereof reason.
Nope, I'll check it out though, thanks comrade.

The individual should decide what is moral primarily based upon their natural surroundings and a sense of empathy for others formed from close and distant social relationships (preferably libertarian ones) as you say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending