The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Engineering Design Interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamesBT
I did the interview day last year (I'm starting Eng Design in october!:biggrin:)

EDIT: Just seen you've already done the day, how'd you find it?

I thought the test went badly, the teamwork task OK and the interview well :smile:
How did you feel you'd done when you came out of the teamwork exercise? Because I found it difficult to judge!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 21
Does anyone know what is involved in the 'physical reasoning' test?
Original post by eclark
Does anyone know what is involved in the 'physical reasoning' test?

Apparently like the Oxford TSA. Just a load of physics/maths basically.
Reply 23
Original post by OneInSolidarity
Apparently like the Oxford TSA. Just a load of physics/maths basically.

Oh joy
Original post by hello dave
Oh joy

At least you know it will be hard in advance aha :P I was expecting a quick check of basic physics principles...
Has anyone heard anything yet about offers? I went to the interview on 1st December and thought it was pretty difficult (I swear the physical reasoning test should have been calculator!!!)
Original post by hattierosie
Has anyone heard anything yet about offers? I went to the interview on 1st December and thought it was pretty difficult (I swear the physical reasoning test should have been calculator!!!)

Not yet, week two of the '2-3 weeks' waiting time has just started o.O
Just heard. Got an offer. Not sure if I'm going to accept or not though.
Original post by hattierosie
Just heard. Got an offer. Not sure if I'm going to accept or not though.

Wow well done :smile: How did you hear, email or letter?

Guess I didn't get one then :frown:
By e-mail and then letter
Reply 30
lol I just got a letter basically saying that they'll let me know when they have decided...
Thanks for that Bristol.
Reply 31
I just got an offer yesterday, from the 15th of december interview day. No letter as of yet though, could be the whole not living in england thing :P. Thinking I'll accept. Anyone else?

_Kar.
Reply 32
Original post by Kareir
I just got an offer yesterday, from the 15th of december interview day. No letter as of yet though, could be the whole not living in england thing :P. Thinking I'll accept. Anyone else?

_Kar.

Congrats! Do they give actual offers on UCAS? I've heard all sorts about offers of offers. Sounds like i'm on the maybe list then, because mine was on the 15th too.

They'd probably be annoyed if I put it as my insuarance and firmed Cambridge but I think I probably would, the course at Bristol does look amazing though and the work placements and links with industry probably are better than anywhere.
Reply 33
I just got an email from UCAS saying that 'something had changed' and ended up with a conditional offer. I'm a little paranoid that an email will arrive saying something like 'that still means you're on the hold list', but hopefully not :rolleyes:

I have the small problem that Imperial offered me a place on their aerospace course too.. So i'm now kinda stuck. I COULD firm imperial and make Bristol my insurance.. as I may not reach the imperial offer anyway. But would that have any disadvantages other than the whole not being guaranteed accommodation thing? Still not 100% knowledgable about the UK system :redface:

_Kar.
Original post by hello dave
Congrats! Do they give actual offers on UCAS? I've heard all sorts about offers of offers. Sounds like i'm on the maybe list then, because mine was on the 15th too.

They'd probably be annoyed if I put it as my insuarance and firmed Cambridge but I think I probably would, the course at Bristol does look amazing though and the work placements and links with industry probably are better than anywhere.

Mine was on the 1st, so i'm either on the maybe list or rejected :frown: They said they'd reply in 3 weeks - it's been 6. I sent them an e-mail yesterday just checking to see if they'd sent me an letter than had got lost due to the snow and apparently mine was 'processed this week' and to 'keep an eye out on UCAS'. Again, ambiguous :\

BTW, what offers are you guys getting? AAA or AAB?
Reply 35
Well, I'm an IB kid, so I'm not sure how it exactly translates into A-level.. But My offer was 37 points with 6 out of 7 in Higher Maths and Physics. So about AA in maths and physics. And overall, in terms of tariff points, the grade is 582.

_Kar.

PS: Just got my offer letter, so they may have sent a batch out recently?
Keep in mind that other people are going to potentially be rejecting places which will then be re-offered to people. I had to reject Bristol as the grades they were asking for were unrealistic (AAA) as I only really wanted it as a back-up so hopefully someone will be getting a place in a few days (:
Reply 37
Anyone going to firm this?
Reply 38
anyone here going to the interview on the 2nd feb (weds) ?
Reply 39
Original post by Mikkels88
anyone here going to the interview on the 2nd feb (weds) ?

No, but good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending