The Student Room Group

As retakes, A2 revision, history coursework..so so stressed. AM I ALONEE?!

I just have so much work to do, i started crying over it earlier. :frown: theres pressure for me to get AAB/ ABB and all A's in my AS retakes.
I have 5 exams, and history coursework for january. and i have my A2work too :frown:
Ive started As revision, but just lightly.
The history coursework on Russia is teh biggest thig on my plate atm. Our teacher wants us to have our draft done by next week, knowing that the majority of us have not started the research we need out of 5-8 books.

How do i read 5-8 books in a week and a half?! I know getting off tsr would be a good thing, but i stress alot, and this is the way i can let it out and feel better!
I dont know how im going to do history coursework, as and a2 exams revision in december for jan :frown: any hope?
Who else has this much, or more- how are you coping? any tips on how i cna cope?

And i have an economics moc on thursday on the global economy case study (a2) tips on how i cna revise everything for thursday, i know nothing in eco.

Scroll to see replies

I'm in the same boat....

except my cw is for germany..

sucks to be us atm tbh
Reply 2
I feel you , biology retakes, chemistry retakes + A2 exams and coursework. Im aching in pain and stress.
My face is covered in spots atm and i have clear skin 90% of the time ..arrrgh
History Coursework.
English Coursework.
4 exams in Jan.
A2 revision.

I know how you feel :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Ayostunner
I feel you , biology retakes, chemistry retakes + A2 exams and coursework. Im aching in pain and stress.
My face is covered in spots atm and i have clear skin 90% of the time ..arrrgh

Please tell me you stay up to do work too? I always want to stay up till 4 or something to finish my work, but just feel that im the only idiot who stays up late to work and everyone else just does it straight away after school :/
Reply 5
Original post by happyfeet*
History Coursework.
English Coursework.
4 exams in Jan.
A2 revision.

I know how you feel :frown:

oh my god! Good luck :frown: have you started yoru revision for exams?
Reply 6
You HAVE to calm down. And I know that it is a lot easier said than done. You just need to find a correct balance (again this is difficult) I don't have it as bad as you, I have an AS retake in January and my English Lit A2 in January.. (and the coursework for which I should be doing now instead of being on here..) BUT you have to give yourself a break in between all the work you do, otherwise you will crack. And then you're no use to anyone. It'll be fine. Just revise for half an hour then spend ten minutes doing what you want, then return for another half an hour. AND be realistic with what you'll get done. I'm always saying I'll do this and that and this and that... and not even half of it happens. Now... back to my coursework I should go.. You'll see. It'll be fine! :hugs:
Reply 7
Original post by helpneeded-a
Please tell me you stay up to do work too? I always want to stay up till 4 or something to finish my work, but just feel that im the only idiot who stays up late to work and everyone else just does it straight away after school :/

I wish i could but i honestly dont .. I might start doing that during half term im really aiming for As and Bs in all my jan exams. Right now im doing past papers and trying as much as i can to revise every night but tonight i've done jack all ....

Staying up late night is a really good idea and i'll join you in doing that. I really need to :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Same here OP. Except the coursework is in English.
Reply 9
Original post by Ayostunner
I wish i could but i honestly dont .. I might start doing that during half term im really aiming for As and Bs in all my jan exams. Right now im doing past papers and trying as much as i can to revise every night but tonight i've done jack all ....

Staying up late night is a really good idea and i'll join you in doing that. I really need to :s-smilie:

Yeahup! I would'nt advise it for taking in revision, just taking notes, doing pats papers i guess. Today i've done nothing well a page of reading, b ut wheres that goign to get me. and yesterday, i did a chapter of a book for history- note taking..and thats it :s-smilie: there's just too much to do for history. I have no idea how im going to get A's :/
3 AS resits, 1 for my extra AS this year, russian history coursework prt 2, english coursework.

Why am I on TSR?!?!?!
same :frown: got to retake the whole of AS History in january plus my other exams & got my history A2 c/w in this week, so stressed, need to do well in them all otherwise i aint gonna get into uni, its so much pressure :frown:
plus still aint actually had any uni offers, everyone else is getting them its really annoying, is this a bad sign or are other people in the same boat?
anyone else doing roman britain for the c/w too?..is killing me :frown:
Original post by tillytots
3 AS resits, 1 for my extra AS this year, russian history coursework prt 2, english coursework.

Why am I on TSR?!?!?!

Russian coursework question b?

whether world war 1 was a turning point in the development of modern russia? are you doign that?
Six tests in the January

PH1
PH2
PH4
M1
C1
FP1 (All WJEC)

History coursework on 1832 Reform Bill (British Politics.....fun)

I feel your pain, I really really do, I need AAB and four of these exams are resits.
Russian coursework question b?

whether world war 1 was a turning point in the development of modern russia? are you doign that?

I'm doing the sources one now, we did ours the other way round which I'm doing Emancipation. WWI was the example we got though for the part B (although our actual question was on whether 117 was a turning point)

It's so so hard there's so much to do!
Yeahup! I would'nt advise it for taking in revision, just taking notes, doing pats papers i guess. Today i've done nothing well a page of reading, b ut wheres that goign to get me. and yesterday, i did a chapter of a book for history- note taking..and thats it :s-smilie: there's just too much to do for history. I have no idea how im going to get A's :/

oh well. dont worry, just relax you'll be fine
this time next year, you'll be in uni studying law :biggrin:
Reply 16
Meeee :frown: although I really brought it on myself xP

A2 History coursework on the fall of the British Empire (I'm really enjoying it though /geeeeeek )
A2 World development coursework
A2 English lit coursework
A2 Govt & pol revision (we are soooo far behinddd!!)
As wellll as AS politics, world development and English lit revision for retakes. But luckily I only have 1 A2 exam in Jan, so all together 4 exams, and 3 of them shouldn't be too difficult since I've done them before xP
Original post by tillytots
I'm doing the sources one now, we did ours the other way round which I'm doing Emancipation. WWI was the example we got though for the part B (although our actual question was on whether 117 was a turning point)

It's so so hard there's so much to do!

I know ! it's so god damn hard! so so so much to do! I don't think i'm sleping, and i have a eco test on thursday, and my class is full of people who get A's all the time! It makes me feel horrible when i know NOTHING in eco. I'm watching eastenders atm, but hoping to start history around 10:30 (after i've done some eco to make me feel better)

And our class just used ww1, lol my history teacher went to edexcel to complain about how they dont give enough information on their markscheme! They said we need about atleast 5 books for part b
Original post by OmegaGreen17
Six tests in the January

PH1
PH2
PH4
M1
C1
FP1 (All WJEC)

History coursework on 1832 Reform Bill (British Politics.....fun)

I feel your pain, I really really do, I need AAB and four of these exams are resits.

same!:frown: What course do you wan ytto do? oh, life is so hard for us right now!
Original post by Shkilla
Meeee :frown: although I really brought it on myself xP

A2 History coursework on the fall of the British Empire (I'm really enjoying it though /geeeeeek )
A2 World development coursework
A2 English lit coursework
A2 Govt & pol revision (we are soooo far behinddd!!)
As wellll as AS politics, world development and English lit revision for retakes. But luckily I only have 1 A2 exam in Jan, so all together 4 exams, and 3 of them shouldn't be too difficult since I've done them before xP

what board are you on in politics/what route?

Quick Reply

Latest