The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Is Reading Uni anyone elses firm choice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by CameraGirl
No haha, I do MMet Meteorology, but I have a couple of friends from my first year who are doing law :smile: Several of the courses offer scholarships :smile: One of my grades would have been an A* luckily if I'd had to aim for that, but I'm happy with my As :biggrin: they got me where I wanted!

What A levels are you doing?

Oooh fab stuff! :smile:

I'm independently studying Sociology and retaking my Unit 4 Psychology exam to hopefully get A*AA :wink: But Reading's offer is an A from Psychology or Sociology.

Ahh I want to go now!
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by calannra
Oooh fab stuff! :smile:

I'm independently studying Sociology and retaking my Unit 4 Psychology exam to hopefully get A*AA :wink: But Reading's offer is an A from Psychology or Sociology.

Ahh I want to go now!

Sounds good :biggrin:
I was convinced I'd never get the grades to get on the course (i needed AAB to get on the course), as I was doing Maths, Physics and Geography, not particularly easy! But i put the extra time and effort in and I have never regretted the time spent in the library! The time I could have spend doing nothing with friends would have been wasted, so many more much better memories here than I could have had! haha
Yes I have put it as my firm choice. My offer is to achieve grade A in sociology or psychology as I already have AB in Law and Biology :smile:

Where else have you applied?

I've applied to Manchester, and they've given me a conditional offer (AAB). It's my first choice. My other choices are Liverpool, Hull and Nottingham Trent (they've also given me an offer, but it's 260 points so it's my fallback if all else fails!)

Reading is a good university, no doubt, and I wouldn't mind going there. However, I live in southwest London so it's a little too close to home for my liking! :P

Btw, I've applied for History and Politics.

And good luck with your grades! :smile:
i live right next to reading about 10 mintues away from car, lovely place lots of night clubs and a great shopping centre :P also, there are loads of flats to live in second and third year as our buses are really good(cost like £4 return though) and the train station is close so it quite quick getting into the centre of reading.
Reading'll be my first choice, once the others get their arses into gear and get back to me. :biggrin:

Looks to be pretty much bad ass.
Reply 25
Original post by iamnotasealion
Reading'll be my first choice, once the others get their arses into gear and get back to me. :biggrin:

Looks to be pretty much bad ass.

brilliant :smile: what have you applied for? good luck on your other offers! :biggrin:
brilliant :smile: what have you applied for? good luck on your other offers! :biggrin:

Thank you! You are lovely.

I'm applying for Psychology, and I think my offer is AAB. But it might be ABB. I..er..can't remember :'D
Reply 27
I really want to go to Reading but I was advised not too put it on my application, if I go into clearing, and I got AAB in my A levels they'd let me in if there are spaces? my GCSE's are 3A's 1B and 6 C's :/ ?
Original post by Mark_94
I really want to go to Reading but I was advised not too put it on my application, if I go into clearing, and I got AAB in my A levels they'd let me in if there are spaces? my GCSE's are 3A's 1B and 6 C's :/ ?

Really really really really stupid advice.
Reply 29
reading is my firm choice studying quantity surveying cant wait :smile:
Reply 30
law :smile:
Reply 31
May be my firm choice. But I have to see if Aston offers me and their grade requirement, have an interview at Aston next Saturday!. :smile: And btw I applied for law!. :smile:
Reply 32
Reading will most likely be my first choice for IT. Went to the Systems Engineering open day on Thursday and it looked awesome :biggrin:.

I'm just going to wait until results day in March to make my final decision.

I need BBB, gotta be sure I can get it from June exams/coursework. :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending