The Student Room Group

firm choice

i’ve received a contextual offer for geography and economics does the firm choice scheme apply to me?
Original post by b1illylambe
i’ve received a contextual offer for geography and economics does the firm choice scheme apply to me?

Everyone has until at least May to decide on their firm choice. You to wait for all your options to make offers or reject you and you can then choose firm and if necessary insurance choices. The same rules apply to contextual offers as normal offers and it is unwise to decide on your firm and insurance in April.
Reply 2
What exactly do you mean by 'Firm choice scheme' ?
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
What exactly do you mean by 'Firm choice scheme' ?

i didn’t specify but university of reading offer a firm choice scheme. basically if u make them your firm choice they guarantee you a place if u receive one grade below your offer. so i was wondering if this applied to me as i received a contextual offer with entry requirements already lowered
Reply 4
So, is your offer from Reading ...?
i didn’t specify but university of reading offer a firm choice scheme. basically if u make them your firm choice they guarantee you a place if u receive one grade below your offer. so i was wondering if this applied to me as i received a contextual offer with entry requirements already lowered

Well, Reading state:

"Select Reading as your firm choice on UCAS and we will guarantee you a place even if you achieve one grade lower than the published offer*.

"*Exceptions may apply; please check your course on our website."

This suggests that your contextual offer is eligible for the scheme, subject to any course specifis. However, you would do well to ask Reading directly.
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
Well, Reading state:

"Select Reading as your firm choice on UCAS and we will guarantee you a place even if you achieve one grade lower than the published offer*.

"*Exceptions may apply; please check your course on our website."

This suggests that your contextual offer is eligible for the scheme, subject to any course specifis. However, you would do well to ask Reading directly.

i have, however i’m still waiting on a reply
Reply 7
Original post by McGinger
So, is your offer from Reading ...?

yes
Reply 8
Wouldn't it be simpler if they just made an offer that was one grade lower in the first place...?
Original post by Artjen
Wouldn't it be simpler if they just made an offer that was one grade lower in the first place...?

But then how would they make their desperation look like generosity?
Reply 10
Original post by Artjen

i think it’s their way of getting people to make them their first choice, makes them look better i suppose, but then again nothing is easy
Reply 11
Original post by PQ
But then how would they make their desperation look like generosity?

true, but uni of reading is still a good uni 26th in england at the moment
Reply 12
yes

Then email Reading and ask them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending