The Student Room Group

Frankie Boyle does it again! Katie price isnt happy.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clubber Lang
How do you know KP was watching it? She might have heard about it from someone else.

If someone was taking the piss out of my childs disability I would be pretty pissed off too.

That said, I dont mind FB, but he is a bit desperate at times and already mentioned on this thread.

Yeah i would be angry as well. But comedians are always making fun of other people, maybe there is a line. Did frankie cross the line, i dont know? I think he is funny though
Reply 21
that joke was rubbish
Original post by concubine
All jokes are 'okay'.

Boyle isn't very funny.

All jokes? What if someone made a joke about jews during WWII, would that be ok?
Reply 23
I think it's more Katie Price's son is just an 8 year old boy who can't speak up for himself.

It's not like it's a joke about another adult who could defend or shrug off what frankie boyle says, or generalising about a group of people, it's that he's picking on an individual who can say nowt all back.
Original post by HumanNature1992
Lol rare occasion? He's a comedian he's supposed to always be funny.

Well yeah, but tbh, there aren't that many decent comedians any more :/
Reply 25
hey tsr, i kidnapped harvey price about a week ago and I'm surprised katie price hasn't noticed he's gone yet...oh it's because I replaced him with a bag of spuds
I wish i could have seen him live. :frown:

Would it matter if this show was played after watershed?
This reminds me of that jonathan ross, russel brand incident. People heard about it after the event, then watched it knowing they would be offended, then complained. Doesnt make any sense to me.
Original post by thecdon
hey tsr, i kidnapped harvey price about a week ago and I'm surprised katie price hasn't noticed he's gone yet...oh it's because I replaced him with a bag of spuds

Lol where are you getting these jokes from. Did you have a whole selection of them just incase you needed them for a situation like this.
Reply 28
I don't really get offended by any of this, some sexist jokes are actually quite amusing, some are a bit...pushing it, also jokes to do with rape are just seriously wrong.

What he did for Mock the week was excellent but gradually became worse over the years. I actually haven't seen Tramadol Nights but the majority of people I know who have said it isn't great.
Original post by HumanNature1992
Frankie Boyle is just an idiot. He's not funny in the slightest.

It would help if you actually gave me a reason for negging me :ninja:

I should neg you as I'm pretty sure you're the one that negs me on the x factor threads for no reason :cool:
Reply 30
I think what he said is completely unnecessary, and disgusting. Obviously a lot of what he says is for attention, and it works every time.

However I dont think there was any need for what he said. I know people will say well turn over or whatever, but this was always going to find it's way back to Katie Price regardless of whether or not she watched the show.

It does make me wonder why people find this thing funny, as if it was their child or relative or something that personally affected them, it would be a whole different story.

I cant stand the bloke and think he's an arrogant pig. I feel sorry for his kids.
(edited 13 years ago)
I dont get it.
Reply 32
Original post by Lewroll
Lol where are you getting these jokes from. Did you have a whole selection of them just incase you needed them for a situation like this.

it's easy, think of any disabled joke.

e.g - what's brown and bumps into things? harvey price

i'm worse than Boyle :frown:
Original post by xnatalie01x
I should neg you as I'm pretty sure you're the one that negs me on the x factor threads for no reason :cool:

WTF? Stop accusing people of negging you. I can safely say I didnt. I can neg you now to prove it wasnt me before though :smug:
Reply 34
Knightrider!
Reply 35
Shut up you *****. If your parents died cause of say a house fire and that monkey comedian decided to make some jokes out of the fire would you still think 'oh no it's okay'.
Reply 36
Eh, she was offended.

Where is the significance?
Reply 37
i like dark humour but i find frankie to be unintelligent with it and does it more for shock factor. his stand up show is so repetitive (the one that was released on DVD a few years back now), he basically went around random members of the audience, insulting them in the most unfunny way.

which is a shame really because on mock the week he was absolutely spot on, had me in tears almost every week.

regarding the KP thing, the joke just wasnt funny. it was shocking and aimed at a rather big tool (KP, not her son)... and it just was utterly crass. he just seeks to shock, rather than actually be an intelligent comedian... but then i guess that's why his fans love him, the anticipation of what he'll do next?
Original post by JmJtr
Shut up you *****. If your parents died cause of say a house fire and that monkey comedian decided to make some jokes out of the fire would you still think 'oh no it's okay'.

Was that aimed at me:frown:?
There's a line to be drawn between jokes which are maybe slightly offensive, and insults, which are funny (in some people's minds). I am not normally part of the PC brigade, but making jokes about disabled children is 100% not okay. Imagine you're having to struggle to get by, and then you see this well-off, arrogant comedian insulting you for other people's entertainment. I find it repulsive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending