The Student Room Group

Frankie Boyle does it again! Katie price isnt happy.

Scroll to see replies

You can laugh about anything but not with every one
Perfectly fine. People know when watching Frankie Boyle more often than not what he's like. If you're going to get offended simply don't watch. As long as the joke is funny and people are laughing at it then it's all good.

Frankie is not stupid he knows when something is so offensive it's not funny and as a result he doesn't go that far. Yes he pushes the boundaries but he hasn't destroyed them in this case. Katie Price should just shut up and don't watch/listen to him.
I cringed when he said that. I feel sorry for Harvey. Why take it out on him, it's not his fault. Makes jokes about Jordan though, shes a joke herself
Original post by Xhotas
It's called dark comedy for a reason. Don't like it, don't listen.

I love Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights, except for the stand up parts since he just takes it too harshly and it's rarely funny. The sketches are brilliant though.
?

Yeah I agree with the first comment to an extent, but you can't really expect Katie Price to be happy about it? I mean, she should just accept it and stop being a bitch, but some people don't like their disabled son being mentioned in jokes. I find him hilarious though... Do you remember when he made the joke about the ghost in the Queen's vagina? And then it was mentioned on BBC News!? Bringing it to the wider public wasn't a good move by Katie Price.

And really? I think the sketches are terrible. They're just trying way too hard to be funny. I haven't found a decent sketch show ever. I thought Mitchell and Webb Or Frankie Boyle could've produced a good one, but alas...
Reply 84
Wow, you really cares. If you get offended by it, turn it off, you aren't gonna change the world...

And dark humour is funny as ****
Reply 85
Hate Jordan but what he said was about Harvey, not her. I agree that comedy should be controversial but one thing i'd always say is that it's not right to make a joke about someone who can't defend themselves.
Original post by BellaBoo
Hate Jordan but what he said was about Harvey, not her. I agree that comedy should be controversial but one thing i'd always say is that it's not right to make a joke about someone who can't defend themselves.

I agree- Katie is fair game for humour, not her son. Aside from his disability he didn't choose to have Katie as his mother.
Original post by Lewroll
I think Frankie Boyle is brilliant. I wish he never left Mock the week, its not the same without him. Imo if you dont like this type of comedy, dont watch it. Its the same with jimmy carr :biggrin:

I LOVE Jimmy Carr!
Reply 88
Original post by barnetlad
I agree- Katie is fair game for humour, not her son. Aside from his disability he didn't choose to have Katie as his mother.

True. It's not fair that he's seen as 'fair game' just because of his mother. I doubt most of the people saying it's funny would find it so amusing if they happened to have a disabled child in the future and someone said a similar thing about them.
Original post by Lewroll
All jokes? What if someone made a joke about jews during WWII, would that be ok?

"Safety in numbers? Tell that to the 3 million Jews!"

Already been done my friend.
Original post by Jelkin
I can't stand Frankie Boyle. But I think he should be "allowed" to make that kind of joke - comedy should not be censored so long as it's in an appropriate setting.

When does it stop being comedy and start just being an attack on a defenseless child though?
I'm offended, only because the joke sucked, if you're going to make a joke about a disabled and paralyzed person, at least make it funny Frankie, you *******
Reply 92
Original post by Casshern1456
There was a part in it where it showed dead childrens that bit was unnerving to watch and I thought that was really offensive and sad but he is a comedian, I like his older jokes more.:sad:

I saw this bit too and found it really awkward to watch... it's not really funny IMO.
Reply 93
Original post by redpanda41
When does it stop being comedy and start just being an attack on a defenseless child though?

Where do you draw the line though? I don't find rape jokes funny at all but I wouldn't say people shouldn't be allowed to make them. Everyone has something they get offended about.

That being said, I do think Boyle is a **** for making that particular joke. And like others have pointed out, it wasn't even funny.
I've vehemently supported Frankie Boyle in the past over the Queen joke and the Rebecca Adlington joke too, they had comedic value and as people in the spotlight it was acceptable to comment on their age or looks, but this was distasteful, not at all funny, and so over the line. And the worst thing is that it was intended to be that way, it wasn't something said carelessly in an interview. This was something written and rehearsed. It is down-right unacceptable to target a disabled child, and it does breach the broadcasting code IMO so I'm shocked by Channel 4 standing by him on this one.
Original post by Jelkin
Where do you draw the line though? I don't find rape jokes funny at all but I wouldn't say people shouldn't be allowed to make them. Everyone has something they get offended about.

That being said, I do think Boyle is a **** for making that particular joke. And like others have pointed out, it wasn't even funny.

This. I find many rape jokes hilarious. And because of that, who am I to say that disabled jokes are wrong, just because I don't like them?

People know what to expect with Frankie Boyle. They have no excuse if they watch his show and get offended.
His tv show at the moment is ok. It's not brilliant and it's fairly entertaining.
I think this is the sort of thing people should expect from Frankie Boyle.
I don't think all his jokes are funny, but they are what they are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending