The Student Room Group

Britain is overcrowded... something needs to be done about immigration...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by ZombieCharge
Yes but is most of it suitable for settlement?

A lot isn't, because there are so many mountains and such. Most live close to the coast.
Though if you want space, you'll definitely find it. Not a lot of people.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by SoulfulBoy
It's not a secret that genetically, long-term homogeneity leads to weakness and degeneration.:rolleyes: That's how you want Scotland. Sterile, degenerated and weak. It'll be like that if Scotland was kept under that strict closure, my xenophobe yet dear friend.:smile:
You want a weak country.:smile: Marvelous!

Rubbish. You are implying that all white nations need to race mix to remain genetically strong. Only inbreeding or severaly isolated small populations weakens genetic composition, not homogeneity.
(edited 13 years ago)
If the immigrants all emigrate the UK will be the boring-ist place in the world.LOL
Reply 123
Oh, so you are the one who decides who is welcome and who isn't?:rolleyes: You said you did not believe in God... So you must be an atheist playing to be God....:rolleyes:

It was merely a personal opinion. Not playing God.
Every TSR thread consists of a mix of people. Some acknowledge the problem and suggest capping/stringent point systems etc. Others suggest using more of britains land evenly, and spreading migrants out.

Others have completely lost the plot- claiming that there should be no immigration at all, that eu immigration is the only thing that should be allowed and of course, some idiot equating immigration with islamism and then claiming ceasing immigration would end Islam.

The latter consist of regressive policies that were discredited since the end of the 18th century and were seen as a necessary part of global trade and internationalism, ie. something that was absolutely unavoidable. To 'stop immigration' is absolutely regressive, harms businesses and ultimately harms the economy and society from very educated and skilled migrants who wish to apply their skills in britain where they are better served. if the right wing endorses individualism, they must endorse it on a global scale-ie. why does the long term goals of an indian scientist matter less than the goals of a british scientist ? we might condemn the indian scientist using his knowledge in the UK, but surely the same must be applied to say, the british scientist wanting to apply his skills in Canada.

and this is the crux of the arguement. Its all well and good to criticise immigration as a whole into the UK, but would we be happy if we were migrants wishing to move to say, India, and the Indians telling us we shouldnt be allowed because of cultural reasons ? How about if we were refugees ? Its all well and good to use the western imperialist rhetoric when we live comfortable lives, but what if the tables were reversed ?

The ignorance in this thread is sickening tbh. Having a sensible discussion on immigration is important- but to have one based on race, religion and indeed on islamism is absolutely ridiculous, self defeating and ineffective.
Original post by Jody Mcintyre
Rubbish. You are implying that all white nations need to race mix to remain genetically strong. Only inbreeding weakens genetic composition, not homogeneity.

I just exaggerated my idea to speed up your awaken.:smile: I know it's quite exaggerated. Now, you can show your ultimate proof regarding our interesting conversation. :smile:
Original post by Luceria
It was merely a personal opinion. Not playing God.

You can never be sure with that crazy guy, my lovely Luceria.:colondollar:

The Scottish people (Scots Gaelic: Albannaich), or Scots, are a nation and ethnic group native to Scotland. Historically they emerged from an amalgamation of the Celtic Picts (east) and Gaels (west).

No, not really.

The original immigrants into Britain and Scotland are Basque in origin.
Original post by DorianGrayism
No, not really.

The original immigrants into Britain and Scotland are Basque in origin.

You are correct. However both the gaels and the picts are descended from the Basques. The Basques inhabited Ireland and Britain thousands of year before gaelic and pictish society descended seperately from them.
Get some birth control for your teenagers :smile:
Original post by Phantom_X

The ignorance in this thread is sickening tbh. Having a sensible discussion on immigration is important- but to have one based on race, religion and indeed on islamism is absolutely ridiculous, self defeating and ineffective.

Why just because your a muslim we should all embrace Muslim immigration, I don't thinkso, I believe Muslim immigration should be stopped completely. And what is wrong with prefering immigrants of my own race ?
(edited 13 years ago)
Why just because your a muslim we should all embrace Muslim immigration, I don't thinkso, I believe Muslim immigration should be stopped completely. And what is wrong with prefering immigrants of my own race ?

Confusing race and religion oh dear..
The first claim it makes is untrue. The UK is not "the most densely populated country in Europe".

Monaco, Vatican City, Malta, San Marino, The Netherlands and Belgium all have population densities higher than that of the United Kingdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_and_population_of_European_countries
Reply 133
You can never be sure with that crazy guy, my lovely Luceria.:colondollar:

Lovely? Tehe. But yes, it's rather difficult for anyone to play God anyway. So it doesn't matter.
Original post by Suigeneris
Confusing race and religion oh dear..

I never confused them. You confused them in my statment.
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
The first claim it makes is untrue. The UK is not "the most densely populated country in Europe".

Monaco, Vatican City, Malta, San Marino, The Netherlands and Belgium all have population densities higher than that of the United Kingdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_and_population_of_European_countries

I would look at the figures for England and not the whole of the UK.
Get some birth control for your teenagers :smile:

It has nothing to do with borths it has everything to do with migrants. The population level of indigenous brits is balanced.
Original post by Luceria
Lovely? Tehe. But yes, it's rather difficult for anyone to play God anyway. So it doesn't matter.

Yes, lovely. :smile: Yours words talk to me about you. By the way, playing God might be far easier than playing human as the former needs a superiority complex in any variation straightly linked to the alienation of the human concept. :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
It has nothing to do with borths it has everything to do with migrants. The population level of indigenous brits is balanced.

*Births
So just a question, do you think this country could funtion without its 'immigrants'?
*Births
So just a question, do you think this country could funtion without its 'immigrants'?

The backbone of this country is indigenous britons not migrants. Without immigrants we would easily adapt. The fact is that this country would not grind to a halt without them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending