The Student Room Group

Apart from Oxbridge etc...

This thread may seem like its flogging a dead donkey but for those who are not aiming for Oxbridge and the London Centric Unis (plus redbricks) can they still aim for MC firms and still have a successful legal career?
Reply 1
Yes.
Yes; it'll be much more difficult though.
If I said "no" would that prevent you from trying?
Reply 4
Original post by High As A Kite
If I said "no" would that prevent you from trying?

Oh no :smile: just wanted to see what people generally thought...
Original post by kaybone93
Oh no :smile: just wanted to see what people generally thought...

I think if someone really wanted it, they should just go for it. there's only one way to find out right? of course you may be at somewhat of a disadvantage not graduating from oxbridge or a redbrick, but there are a lot more things which are taken into acount.

i know what sort of answer you were looking for, i was just being a pain!

if you're ever in that position, dont think lesser of yourself! although im sure you would not =P
Reply 6
my cousin went to Manchester.. and he is now a litigation patner at Clifford Chance... if you want to do it... than just do it (sorry Nike).. I got rejected from Oxford, and for a while I thought.. whoa this kinda sux because everyone says you need to go to a top school to do well.. but when you think about it.. at the end of the day, you'll end up with and LLB, same as someone who went to Oxbridge.
Besides, an application for uni is based completely on academics... who knows, just because you went to a uni not renowned for its academic record.. doesn't mean you´re not a good lawyer.

There.. sorry... a little inspirational rant for those who need it :smile:
Original post by nuttynatz
my cousin went to Manchester.. and he is now a litigation patner at Clifford Chance... if you want to do it... than just do it (sorry Nike).. I got rejected from Oxford, and for a while I thought.. whoa this kinda sux because everyone says you need to go to a top school to do well.. but when you think about it.. at the end of the day, you'll end up with and LLB, same as someone who went to Oxbridge.
Besides, an application for uni is based completely on academics... who knows, just because you went to a uni not renowned for its academic record.. doesn't mean you´re not a good lawyer.

There.. sorry... a little inspirational rant for those who need it :smile:

The OP asked what their chances were if they didn't come from a redbrick, good London university, or Oxbridge. A lot of people would consider University of Manchester a top 10 law school (unless you were talking about Manchester Met).
Reply 8
Original post by The_Libertarian
The OP asked what their chances were if they didn't come from a redbrick, good London university, or Oxbridge. A lot of people would consider University of Manchester a top 10 law school (unless you were talking about Manchester Met).

sorry.. I was talking about manchester met :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending