The Student Room Group

Should I go to Uni?

Ok I know that this is a decision I should probably be making by myself and that an online chat forum really isn’t going to be much help, however I seriously don’t know what to do and any advice helps! I am planning to go to durham university to study English literature in September. I took a gap year and ended up firming Durham (typical Oxbridge reject decision). I’ve recently seen so many bad things about the rife elitism at the uni, and as a working class student who has been on free school meals all their live I don’t know if it would be the best environment. Then again, I do like to put myself out of my comfort zone and would like to meet people with different perspectives to my own. Also, I do really love my subject, but just how much is an English degree at Durham really worth? I’m not too sure what I want to do career-wise, is it something that would give me options 3 years down the line (apart from stem based careers of course). Any bit of advice helps as I’m spiralling just a tad right now 😀
Hey, certainly a valid concern! While the end decision is yours, its best if you get varied opinions and do some research online to make an informed decision. I'd suggest speaking with your friends, family and professors on how far an English degree from Durham might improve your career prospects. I also heard from friends about scoreforsure.com improving admission with scholarship chances to Oxbridge quite significantly, maybe check what that's all about and give it another shot! Whatever you do, be sure to only join a programme that has a strong ROI on your time and money. Wish you the very best, cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending