The Student Room Group

Where are you now?

Just today I was in the library and I came across a booklet that addressed graduate destinations after their degree. However, it was not specific at all.
So I thought I would create this thread where we could all talk about our 'destination' after university. Lol however, I'm not in university yet so this can be for graduates, soon to be graduates and undergraduates! :smile:

I suppose this way people don't have to create threads on 'what career..?'. Many thanks.
i:heart:monday x

Name of your degree:
Name of your university:
Current/Prospective occupation:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Name of your degree: Politics and International Relations
Name of your university: Birmingham/QMUL/Warwick *still waiting for Warwick so I can make a decision*
Current/Prospective occupation: Possibly Law or Foreign Office I'm not sure!

Your turn :grin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Anthropology
Durham
Did the GDL last year, now doing the LPC
Reply 3
Original post by iheartmondays

Name of your degree: Maths
Name of your university: Manchester
Current occupation: Research Student
Perspective: It is prospective. This is as bad as people who write or say 'pacific' instead of 'specific' :tongue:

My answers in bold.
internatonal fashion marketing
manchester metropolitan
working in marketing, buying or merchandising within the fashion industry or maybe working for a fashion magazine, i don't know yet :biggrin:
Reply 5
Name of your degree: Physics
Name of your university: University of Leeds
Prospective occupation: Research maybe (not sure at the moment)
Original post by Jake22
My answers in bold.

That's amazing and thanks! What firm are you training with?
Reply 7

I am a research student at a university; I am doing a PhD.
Reply 8
University: Canterbury Christ Church University College (1st Degree), City College Plymouth (via University of Plymouth (HNC and hopefully BSc all being well)
Subject: History and American Studies (2:2) now taking an HNC in Marine Engineering
Current Occupation: Admin Officer for a charitable care company
Prospective occupation: Marine Engineer (shorebased)
Original post by Lell
Anthropology
Durham
Did the GDL last year, now doing the LPC

Reply 10
Degree: N/A
University: N/A
Current career: Officer in the Royal Navy
Reply 11
Original post by amiejade-x
internatonal fashion marketing
manchester metropolitan
working in marketing, buying or merchandising within the fashion industry or maybe working for a fashion magazine, i don't know yet :biggrin:

Just wondering, for marketing, buying and merchandising, does the training require exams to study for after uni? Basically I really don't want to do any job that requires lifelong learning or exams after I graduate. :tongue:
Reply 12

Don't have a TC yet, applying at the moment...
Name of your degree: Translation Studies: German
Name of your university: Aston University
Current/Prospective occupation: I've have been offered a job as a professional translator in Germany.
Original post by turbo64
Just wondering, for marketing, buying and merchandising, does the training require exams to study for after uni? Basically I really don't want to do any job that requires lifelong learning or exams after I graduate. :tongue:

:iiam: i have no idea lol, i don't graduate until 2015 :colondollar: but i don't think there would be exams..
economics THE WORLD SHALL BE MINE MWAHAHHAHA
Name of your degree: Business Management
Name of your University: Durham/Sheffield/Manchester/Newcastle
Current Occupation: Accounts Assistant in a property management firm and taking A Levels distance learning
Prospective career: Business Management and hopefully Business Consultant eventually
Reply 17
Original post by hannah_dru

Original post by hannah_dru
Name of your degree: Translation Studies: German
Name of your university: Aston University
Current/Prospective occupation: I've have been offered a job as a professional translator in Germany.

Hi, i have been offered a conditional place at aston to do translation studies: german. I was just wondering if you could tell me a little bit about it? giood points bad points etc. Was it a big jump from Alevel German to university standard and if you don't mind, how did you get on in your a levels? thanks you
Name of your degree: Psychology
Name of your university: Goldsmiths
Current/Prospective occupation: Research
Reply 19
Name of your degree: Fine art and English literature (with sign Lang modules)
Name of your university: York at John university
Current/Prospective occupation: art teacher/lecturer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending